Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

New 2009 Proof silver dollar is out

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
silverdollarnuts
Valued Member
Canada
185 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  3:09 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

The 100 anniversary of the Montreal Canadian mintage only 15000, this coin looks awsum, I got one today...

http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/speci...e-prod540019

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2427 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a really beautiful coin! I may have to get me one of those.
Pay your taxes! 12 million illegal immigrants are depending on it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."
Thomas Jefferson

Oldest Circulation Find ----- 1897S Barber quarter
Oldest Detector Find -------- 1803 Large cent

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
636 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dollar1948 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you order the clamshell case, or the stand that looks like a puck.
Nice looking coin
Valued Member
Canada
446 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gawd0wns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't believe the mint wasted its time on this Montreal Canadiens coin! There should be a Toronto Maple Leafs logo on that baby. ;)
Valued Member
Canada
185 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2009  07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, gawd0wns, They will probably put one out when they are 100 years old too. Whit the low mintage of only 15000 it may sell for more in the futur, just think the Montreal Bell centre and holds 25k dye hard fans, so thats not even enough for all of them. I did not take any chances and ordered one of each...lol
Valued Member
Canada
185 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2009  2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just got it today and may I say it looks great, in my opinion this one will sell out pretty fast, once the montreal canadian fans starts knowing about it....
Valued Member
Australia
321 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2009  12:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brissyboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course I didn't order any of these products. Australians are barred from ordering any products from the Royal Canadian Mint site. The hide of them. I wish they would change their policy.
Wayne
Valued Member
Canada
404 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2009  8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brissyboy
What do you mean by "barred from ordering any products from the Royal Canadian Mint site"? Do they not sell their products to other countries? Is it a web site thing?
Just curious.
Valued Member
Australia
321 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brissyboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
North of 49,

The RCM website does not allow for sales outside of North America. They tell you to purchase from their dealership agents in your home country. For Australia this is Downies which is in Melbourne and Sydney and when you look at their online store, rarely has a wide selection of RCM products. I have only seen them list the Specimen sets once and when I ordered one (2007 I think it was), they emailed me back later to say it was out of stock. I think the latest coloured 25c they offer is 2003. They do have the recent proof set and I think mint set. Most of the issues I would like, they don't appear to have.

I have appealed (complained) to the RCM to allow overseas purchases especially from Australia.

Thanks for your interest. You can buy whatever you like from our RAM.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live only about a mile from the Mint. I do know that they have a store where one can get a fair amount of their product, but I am not sure how far they go back in their inventory. If you like, I could drop in and check the place out and get some information for you on it.

Would you believe I've lived in this location for almost five years and still haven't taken a tour of it?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  11:39 am  Show Profile Check matchbox's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WpgLwr, you must have a tour! I took my students on a tour several times and you'd really enjoy it. Living so close to the mint you really have no excuse not to visit, except for time constraints, of course.

ken
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know, you're totally right. Even the kids have been there on school trips. Sounds like an interesting outing out for me and the Missus -- she's lived in the city longer than I have and she's never been, either.
Valued Member
Canada
404 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brissyboy

That's a real shame, its almost as if the are being selective about who gets to buy their products.
This is sort of funny ,I'm looking at an advertisement for the new proof silver 100th anniversary Montreal Can. coin and the mintage is listed at 15,000 WORLDWIDE. I guess that's a bit of a misleading statement when everybody worldwide doesn't have the opportunity to buy one.

by the way , what coins/sets are you looking for?
Valued Member
Australia
321 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2009  10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brissyboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly WpgLwr, thanks for the offer to check out the Mint's store. Secondly, to answer North of 49 and give you an idea of what to keep an eye out for, I am trying to collect the various 25c (I know there is a lot of them given all the coloured "Team" issues, Canada Day, Christmas, 2010 Winter Olympics and so on, also the "circulation type" dollars (loonies) which means the special issues like in the Specimen Sets too and I also really like the two dollars issues (toonies). I usually have to try and buy off eBay and of course so does everyone else I guess if they live outside of North America. When I was in Toronto in early 2006, I did buy up on some (QE2 only) at one of the dealers, single coins from broken up sets, varieties and so forth.

Do either of you collect Australian decimals?

Wayne
Valued Member
Canada
404 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2009  7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brissyboy (Wayne)
I only collect Canadian coins, but from what I see on the web the RAM has some pretty nice coins.
Being a new member to the forum I don't think I'm permitted to trade etc. yet. I think I need 50 or 100 posts first, I'll have to check the regulations. But that being said, I sure don't have a problem helping out a fellow collecter once in a while. Now that I know what your looking for I'll keep an eye open.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2009  12:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brissy,

Yeah, I have a fair amount of Australian decimal coinage, and I wouldn't mind filling in some blanks. E-mail me and we can see what we can work out.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05