Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unbelieveable Find Tonight.

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  03:40 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dkillett to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Was counting down the register at work tonight. Kept having to recount the fives due to it being a bad day. Well it paid off. I found a $5 Bill in average circulated condition with a solid serial number.

Its Serial # 77777777

I couldn't believe it. I almost fell outta my chair. I'm still in shock.

Pillar of the Community
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  03:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RFB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NICE, NICE, NICE score.

Post a pic. What condition?
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  04:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dkillett to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the best I could do on a pic. Let me know what yall think. Any idea of the value on something like this?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  05:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow I can only dream of finding that. that is my dream note I have always wanted a note with all sevens
Pillar of the Community
United States
2557 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet find! My wife will be jealous.
Pay your taxes! 12 million illegal immigrants are depending on it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."
Thomas Jefferson

Oldest Circulation Find ----- 1897S Barber quarter
Oldest Detector Find -------- 1803 Large cent

Pillar of the Community
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  07:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bmanofnbc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect currency but that is a cool one!
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This made me check my wallet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2619 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  08:38 am  Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's the odds of winning the lottery In Find That Note!
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deadmunny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First "solid" I've ever seen. That's an incredible find. It should fetch a pretty penny on eBay if you decide not to keep it. Heard of the guy who is looking for "pi" (31415926)?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4428 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know very little (ok ..... actually Nada) about the value of banknotes ..... but I have to believe that somebody out there would pay a nice premium for that if you ever decided to sell it.

That's actually quite nice .... all lucky 7's.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
739 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had someone offer me $150 for a VF-20 $50 dollar bill with "00888800" that's 100 dollars over face not even for a solid.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  2:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Siuol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sick man. The best I've ever done is six of the same number. I probably would have fallen out of my chair too. That looks so cool. The fact that it was in circulation so long is incredible. Someone must have held onto it for a while then decided to spend it for some odd reason.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add youngfee101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's amazing!! congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  3:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add basicbob101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Impressive! will have to start checking my notes, used to check my one's for playing "dollar poker" but never seen a note with all the same numbers, much less all 7's. very good find, congrats.
"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing" Dr. Wernher von Braun, rocket scientist
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  4:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but I have to believe that somebody out there would pay a nice premium for that if you ever decided to sell it.
one of those is me unfortunately I have no extra money at this time to spend on coins or banknotes
Rest in Peace
United States
3039 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2010  6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add numismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just sgreeing with the others. Nice find dude !
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05