Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unbelieveable Find Tonight.

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Singapore
68 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2010  10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EmperorFives to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mfhorn - I got both of them a few years ago. The $1 from eBay. The $50 from a US dealer. You won't find USA solids in Singapore. Local collectors are not interested. No demand and therefore no supply.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2010  2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Siuol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
emperor do you mind giving a ball park figure of what you spent on those notes? I'm curious...
Valued Member
Singapore
68 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2010  6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EmperorFives to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Siuoi - Yes, I do have my budget. There are so many nice solids in the world but just have to pick the one that fit your budget. I hope I answer your question without the $$$ figure. Not nice to put down the $$$ figure in a public forum. One thing I learnt is that you don't have to be rich to collect solids. You just have to sell to keep your collection alive. Just take a look at those banknote dealers. Why are they so rich ? Why do they have the best personal collection in their possession? They trade. They filtered out the best banknotes and keep them. They probably sell them when they need capital to buy better ones. In addition, they are knowledgeable and thus sharpen their decisions on whether to buy or sell and at what price.
Edited by EmperorFives
01/26/2010 6:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2010  05:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deadmunny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome solid fives, Emperor. Got any low serial numbers?
Valued Member
Singapore
68 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2010  08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EmperorFives to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
deadmunny - I do not keep low serial number for my collection. But I have USA $1 number 28 for my daughter. A few years ago, I bought four sets of BEP 2003 $2 Star 918*, 928*, 938* and 933* for investment. I have sold off three sets already and keeping 933* for a longer term investment. Here is my almost solid 8s with A-A prefix.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2533 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2010  11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also in shock that someone didn't pull that "7" note from circulation earlier. I've only been collecting for about 2.5 years, but I would have pulled that and put it in a drawer at any time!
Oldest Found:

Cent: 1899 - Two Cents: 1867 - Nickel: 1916
Dime: 1943 - Quarter: 1964 - Half: 1917

Canadian silver:
Quarter 1966
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2010  11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nancyk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to have it. Are you going to put a price on the note?
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2010  09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dkillett to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note Is Listed On eBay. Ends Tonight. Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...DI%26otn%3D1
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2010  8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Siuol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you will be making your money back Congrats on the find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2010  3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Heard of the guy who is looking for "pi" (31415926)

I realize this was posted a while back, but I just saw it. It's funny because I have been looking for this same serial as well. Only since the next number after that final 6 is a 5 the actual number would have to be rounded so I am looking for 31415927.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2054 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2010  4:26 pm  Show Profile Check chequer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What was the hammer price on the solid sevens note?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1722 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2010  7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't even seen a dollar bill with a "Where's George" stamp on it for a couple of years now, much less a bill with an interesting number on it. But then I don't get to handle much cash ... *sob*
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2010  7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add twincam_04 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i see it's brother
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOLID-77777777-...ht_500wt_909
Pillar of the Community
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2010  07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppertop5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just wondering why they are special ?
every note is one of a kind , but a note with 77777777 is just as rare as a note with 837559458

only one of each
Pillar of the Community
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2010  07:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppertop5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
or is it like a gambling machine
4 nothing special
6 nothing special
5 of a kindin a row kinda neat to look at
and so on untill 8 of a kind in a row !
then if you get a straight all the same numbers in a row you win the jackpot ?
i dont get it yet .
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05