Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your attractively toned standing liberty quarters!

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1490 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JimR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Beautiful example! Wow, that looks like it might just make XF-40

You nailed it on the head. I cracked it out of a no problem anacs XF40 slab.

Im not sure what you mean by it will require a cleaning
Edited by JimR
04/30/2010 2:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1815 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  3:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Im not sure what you mean by it will require a cleaning

Your coin is covered in drool. :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1490 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JimR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man its time to start the weekend. I didnt even see Johnny's end of the sentence where he said he drooled all over it.

If you want to see a sick toned SLQ that I was outbid on follow this link. I put a strong bid in on it but someone wanted it more.

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_ite...Lot_No=22097

Edited by JimR
04/30/2010 3:17 pm
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverTurtle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful example for a Type Set, or date filler - Excellent Toning
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6816 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimR....

Links to ALL previous "Days of..." Threads:
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...08352#108352
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6816 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1917 V1 in my 7070 also has just a touch of color:

Enjoy...

Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2010  4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverTurtle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good toning on the obverse around the drapery and around the top portion of the rim on the reverse
Pillar of the Community
United States
4835 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2010  11:39 pm  Show Profile Check johnny54321's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That was on eBay recently too! It was on my watch list, but I never bid....

Both of my type examples have orange toning around the rims..

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6816 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2010  6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one has just a touch of orange on the obverse:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6816 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2010  6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Johnny!! Your 1917 type 1 is GORGEOUS!

I can't stop looking at it! It's like brand new! (I have to start focusing on nice AU SLQs. They are just so nice!).

The Standing Liberty quarter is truly one of the best American coin designs!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4835 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2010  11:44 pm  Show Profile Check johnny54321's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Moe! Yeah, if I were rich, I'd collect a set of AU+ slqs..... That will be on my "to-do" list once I win the lottery. :-)

btw, nice original 1921! Looks like it might make VF, which is quite a chore for this date....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2010  07:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree on that 1921.

I got a new camera and will be playing with some picture taking techniques to try to capture the detail that you guys get, and will post a couple of toned SLQ's when I figure it out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2010  09:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, very nice SLQ's everybody, I can't believe I haven't participated in this thread yet.

I've posted this in the grading section a while back, but here's a nice toner:

Pillar of the Community
United States
4835 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2010  12:06 pm  Show Profile Check johnny54321's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can't believe I haven't participated in this thread yet.

You were actually the first to respond to this thread. I probably confused you when I changed the title.

Anyways, your high AU toner is a beauty!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2010  12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin Wheatguy!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05