Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1950 E Series 10 Dollar Bill

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  8:06 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Marc115028 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi All,
Got a 1950 E Series $10.00 bill at work. Is it worth keeping or toss it back?
Marc

Edited by Marc115028
06/27/2010 4:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3248 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i'd say its a keeper
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11106 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  10:17 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were three Federal Reserve Districts for the 1950E series- New York(37.8m), Chicago(65.08m), and San Francisco(17.28m). It has minimal value over face in typical circulated condition but there is a moderate premium in XF and above.
ANA R-3151318
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2010  07:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Marc115028 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks bio
Its NY and ill post picture later,i think its in XF condition.
Marc
Pillar of the Community
United States
3248 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2010  5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats gotta be AU easy
Pillar of the Community
United States
1092 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2010  11:10 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome condition... I'd keep it!
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2010  3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Marc115028 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks to everyone who answered so far. I hope im in as good of shape when im 60 (LOL). Anyone care to venture a guess in its reasonable value?
Marc
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2010  04:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cperry8483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No clue on the value, but here's my .02:

When I worked as a team leader (basically a shift supervisor) at a grocery store, I had the opportunity to sort through thousands of dollars of bills each night when I would count cash register drawers. I bought the older and star notes that I found because I thought "why not?" They were neat and they didn't cost me anything over face. True, nothing I found was of any consequential value ($5 53-a, $5 34-b, 2x $20 50-b, $50 34, all very wrinkled), but I'm likely to never see anything like them in circulation, ever again. If you can afford to set aside $10, I say go for it. Perhaps in 20 years or so it'll go up in value as new collectors enter the market or older collectors start a new series. If I were ever in a situation where $100 was absolutely needed to pay the bills, I would spend my currency collection with a heavy heart, but for now I can afford to hold onto them, so I do.

I would definitely keep that nice $10, even it's not worth any more than face.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2010  8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No brainer... KEEP!

*Edit* I have several 1950 series bills I keep them not because they are valuable but because they are just cool if you a collector keep it if not spend it... in my store :)

**Edit** I had a mint condition $100 1950 series bill once and after about a month I spent it... I, TO THIS VERY DAY regret that!
Edited by Nickelman
07/05/2010 8:34 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05