Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Paper Money and Banknotes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

1950 E Series 10 Dollar Bill

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Marc115028
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  8:06 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Marc115028 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi All,
Got a 1950 E Series $10.00 bill at work. Is it worth keeping or toss it back?
Marc

Edited by Marc115028
06/27/2010 4:10 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3193 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i'd say its a keeper
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
10881 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  10:17 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were three Federal Reserve Districts for the 1950E series- New York(37.8m), Chicago(65.08m), and San Francisco(17.28m). It has minimal value over face in typical circulated condition but there is a moderate premium in XF and above.
ANA R-3151318
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2010  07:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Marc115028 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks bio
Its NY and ill post picture later,i think its in XF condition.
Marc
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3193 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2010  5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats gotta be AU easy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1056 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2010  11:10 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome condition... I'd keep it!
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2010  3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Marc115028 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks to everyone who answered so far. I hope im in as good of shape when im 60 (LOL). Anyone care to venture a guess in its reasonable value?
Marc
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2010  04:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cperry8483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No clue on the value, but here's my .02:

When I worked as a team leader (basically a shift supervisor) at a grocery store, I had the opportunity to sort through thousands of dollars of bills each night when I would count cash register drawers. I bought the older and star notes that I found because I thought "why not?" They were neat and they didn't cost me anything over face. True, nothing I found was of any consequential value ($5 53-a, $5 34-b, 2x $20 50-b, $50 34, all very wrinkled), but I'm likely to never see anything like them in circulation, ever again. If you can afford to set aside $10, I say go for it. Perhaps in 20 years or so it'll go up in value as new collectors enter the market or older collectors start a new series. If I were ever in a situation where $100 was absolutely needed to pay the bills, I would spend my currency collection with a heavy heart, but for now I can afford to hold onto them, so I do.

I would definitely keep that nice $10, even it's not worth any more than face.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1393 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2010  8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No brainer... KEEP!

*Edit* I have several 1950 series bills I keep them not because they are valuable but because they are just cool if you a collector keep it if not spend it... in my store :)

**Edit** I had a mint condition $100 1950 series bill once and after about a month I spent it... I, TO THIS VERY DAY regret that!
Edited by Nickelman
07/05/2010 8:34 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05