Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New $100 Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2010  1:15 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add parkquarters to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
Do you like it ? http://www.coinnews.net/2010/07/22/...l-available/I love $100.00 bills

Poll Choices
No
Yes

Anonymous Vote
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you like it ? http://www.coinnews.net/2010/07/22/...-available/I love $100.00 bills

OMG! it's a solid!

*edit* always have 3 options on a yes/no poll the third should be an undecided or a comedy option to serve as undecided. Since I am not sure I can't vote.
Edited by Nickelman
07/24/2010 12:21 am
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this the 'domestic' variety? What do the Chinese and Lebanese varieties of this note look like? Or have they not been issued yet? (I think that they normally come out within a few months of the domestic version).
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1183 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More and more all of the new US notes are starting to look more and more like Monopoly money to me.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  11:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny you should say that, as I was thinking that they now have an appearance very similar to that of the British pound notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's really interesting to me would be how counterfeits would try to make the MOTION strip... but oh yeah, US money doesn't expire, and they can keep making the Series 1996-2006 ones :/

I don't like the designs. Too much noise from elements that doesn't fit with one another, and it looks like it's been designed by a "committee" that really disliked each other.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i do not like it but might would if I saw it in hand
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually don't really like the fact that they change the look of the money all the time. That doesn't mean I don't like the new look, just the fact that it keeps changing. I know they do it to try to keep one step ahead of the counterfeiters, but that in itself is impossible.

One thing I have noticed as a person who gets to count money. We always get counterfeits of a new note right after the new designs are released. I think it's because they figure nobody is that familiar with them yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4252 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2010  10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will never get used to modern looking paper money. There is something about the older notes that I find more acceptable as money. The old engraving was so intricate and beautiful. They just looked so balanced and right. As far as these new notes go, I like them when I get them and I hate them when I have to let them go and that to me is all they are worth.
Edited by TheNickelGuy
07/24/2010 10:29 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05