Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You die tomorrow, what will happen to your Collection?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1549 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  7:37 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Tomorrow you are found deceased via natural causes. Ever wonder what will happen to your Coin Collection?

Glenn

Pillar of the Community
United States
4252 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife and kids and grandkids will probably all haul them down to the Holiday Inn and sell them for peanuts to the sharp dressed traveling coin buyers that set up shop in the conference room to buy scrap silver, gold and old coins every few months.

Anything better than doing that will be a bonus.
Actually, we have discussed this, and there will be no fast sell off. I have made it a point to educate my wife enough to for her to know better. But hey, once I am gone, it won't make much difference and it is beyond my control what happens,
I hope that she won't need any money bad enough to sell them off and enjoys them instead.
Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add beaglebailey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a good question and I don't really have anything in place yet, but my thinking is to put my collection in my will for my grandchildren's college education
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  8:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coins1371 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it doesn't matter because I will be gone and collecting coins is my hobby not my wife's. I tried to get her involved but she is just not interested. That being said, I hope she would sell it for the max she can.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldno7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife will auction them off a little at a time. She already knows all the local auctioneers and she also knows the one coin shop that I trust. She has a good understanding of what I have and all of my reference material, so she will get the most bang for the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Saruma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My fiancee would probably sell most of it, though she loves gold in any form so she may keep the gold coins. That wouldn't bother me since I'd be 6 feet under. I do need to at least make a list of the more valuable coins in my collection. I don't want someone tricking her into selling my 1909-S VDB for $5!
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add T J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
first it would be a great Easter egg hunt I would love to see a video of it.i can hide stuff pretty good.

in all seriousness though...i am not married so my heirs brothers,sisters,nieces,& nephews would get my collection.i hope several of them would keep some of it.

i hope some of the Birthday & Christmas gifts I have given would lead a few of them to want to collect.

T J
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2011  10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caferacer311 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully they keep it and not sell it along with my ashes hahahaha
Pillar of the Community
United States
2133 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have left strict instructions....

AUCTION all of the guns, tools, and cabinetry in the garage.

Coins - told her to send them to Bad Thad and post all on this site for sale. :)
Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a note attached in my will with Susan's (Forum Mom) contact info. It gives my family an easy out if they want to sell everything I have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just started cataloging all my coins. Spent 3 hours and only got 2 dozen coins cataloged. I hope tomorrow is not the day, otherwise I fear coinstar will clean up and my 13 month old will not even get face. We'll, he might make a funny face, point, smile and laugh at the sound of years of work chiming down the slot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JackB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have two sons, one 38 years old and could care less about coins, thinks collecting is for 8-year-olds, and another son, 22 years old and knows way more than I do, and has been collecting for 10 years; coin shows, Whitman folders, silver bars, the works. No-brainer...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Freedom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I wake up tomorrow and I find that I am not on this earth, my son and my wife both know the value of the coins
I collect. In our will, I have directed my youngest son as the keeper of the gate when it comes to my collection. My wife is in total agreement. I have also made arrangements with my friend at the coin shop if my son and wife need to sell the coins to make ends meet. He has already appraised the collection (have added more since then) and will take care of my family if the need arises. I have told my wife to never under any circumstances take anything to the bank to deposit, take them to my friend. I have gone as far as to take my son and my wife there to introduce them, it cost me a couple of paper dollars that my wife really liked..
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12956 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one came up previously. Since that one, I still have no idea and guess could care less. I remember when my Dad passed away and he was living alone at the time. Neighbors ransacked his place and by the time I heard about him, everything was gone. Same happened to my some of my Grandparents. Even worse there since the people not only took everything inside, they tore the house apart for piping, windows, doors and fixtures too. Barely a foundation left.
I'm already old with most relatives already passed away. My Son and his family are in other states. So I would think if I passed away tomorrow, the same thing would happen since no relatives anywhere around me. This house would probably end up a ruin, all coins stolen and put into a food mart counting machine. Wonder if the Large Cents would jam the machines.
just carl
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penman77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy *** DO NOT BYPASS THE BAD WORD FILTER! ***, Carl! Ever consider selling some of those coins and moving to a different neighborhood?
Pillar of the Community
United States
9078 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2011  12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't really know, don't really care.
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05