Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Coin Community Family Stuff
 Coin Show: 2012 World's Fair ANA Philadelphia Show Aug 7-11

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

CCF Get Together?

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2576 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2012  5:55 pm  Show Profile Check Earle42's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I like about them is that they blink the logo on and off
Visualize Whirled Peas
- Doctors with patience will lose money letting loose their patients.
- They're over there with their car.
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
13868 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2012  7:06 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Dave. Yeah, we talked about it and we will be commuting in from AC.
Thanks for the update Susan :-)
I would love to man the table as well as do a little sellin'
Pens and keychains are a wonderful idea!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2012  8:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amassey08873 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be popping in to say hello, this will be my first show. Will CCF have its own table and that's where everyone's planning on stopping bye. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I just haven't read pgs 3-8yet. What I've gathered so far is Everyone's planing on meeting up at the Fun Show this Aug.in Philly,
As for little gifts that are inexpensive but effective, what about
A plastic slide out magnifier, that folds in on its self. You could put the CCF Logo on them and they should run you any more then 40 cents a pc. I use to carry one of these not wanting to break or damage my good loop.
United States
16622 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2012  1:23 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As for little gifts that are inexpensive but effective, what about
A plastic slide out magnifier, that folds in on its self. You could put the CCF Logo on them and they should run you any more then 40 cents a pc.

That's a great idea, amassey. And yes, the plan is that CCF will have a table in the bourse, as well as the show being the magnet for a meetup.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5461 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2012  9:07 pm  Show Profile Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well my first auction generated $63 or will once its paid. I had hopped for a little more but hey it all adds up.
Will be getting another auction together over the weekend assuming I'm still home.

Richard Barnes www.mycoins.us
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Coins for trade
http://www.mycoins.us/Trade/CCFtrades.htm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2624 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2012  4:22 pm  Show Profile Check SeatedNut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a great developing concept. A few of the CCF members made a point of getting together last year at FUN in Tampa, FL. It's always great to put a face to a name.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play this time as I began plans and paid deposits for a two week fishing trip to Alaska at the end of July 2012. Hopefully these CCF gatherings will catch on and perpetuate at other ANA events.

Y'all have a GREAT TIME! And somebody please take pictures.
So many coins, so little time ...
United States
13868 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2012  4:40 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad we'll miss you SeatedNut, but catch lots of Halibut okay!
United States
16622 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2012  01:32 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SeatedNut, in truth, I'd trade this event for another chance to stand on the land of the greatest place I've ever lived. But not as a visitor.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2624 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2012  09:45 am  Show Profile Check SeatedNut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
SeatedNut, in truth, I'd trade this event for another chance to stand on the land of the greatest place I've ever lived. But not as a visitor.

Did you live in Alaska in a former life? Do tell us more!

I've always desired to be a resident and attempted to convince my spousal unit that it was a good idea. I had one chance to live in Anchorage during my 25 years in the Air Force, but the wife vetoed that plan.
United States
16622 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2012  12:46 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was stationed at Ft Richardson for 2 years while in the Army. Was all set to get out after one hitch and spend the rest of my life there, and they transferred me to Georgia with six months left in my enlistment.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2624 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2012  1:05 pm  Show Profile Check SeatedNut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear that Dave. I've made about eight trips there in my lifetime and leave claw marks on the floor of the airport departure lounge as I board.

Will definitely be bringing back some reds for smoking and a King or two if we're lucky. We have three guided King trips, and one halibut charter in the package. All the rest of the time I'll be on the banks of the Kenai slaying the reds.
United States
13868 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2012  2:11 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome. Good luck with the angling. I do plan on going to Alaska soon, with my prospecting gear of course. My association has packages that include the visit with all food and lodging included. Some members have found nice nuggets uo there.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4833 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2012  07:33 am  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just saw this thread, I think this is a great idea, but I also think you really should look into speaking with someone at the ANA directly, tables for the big ANA shows sell out far in advanced, to even get a table, you must be an advertiser in their magazine the Numismatist, you can also earn stars towards table placement but it ain't cheap (that's the way it worked when I was dealing coins (I never had a table at any big show like an ANA), ANA Star Program

I was the ANA YN Coordinator at the Denver ANA show in 1996, as I recall the bourse tables were sold out 6 or 7 months in advance. Not an easy thing to get, and nothing like any coin show you've been to, except maybe Long Beach in the hey days of the 80's and 90's or a FUN show. There are so many security concerns for dealers and officials to consider, with over a billion dollars of inventory on the floor and most of the worlds top mints showing exhibits. It gets crazy, the volunteer position I held, kept me busy the entire show, I never even got to look at coins the whole time, still it was very rewarding.

An idea if you all can't get a bourse table would be to find a meet-up spot or a conference room in the convention center, maybe one of the Numismatic Theater rooms if there is a time the ANA is not using it. Though they will always give space to ANA clubs first.

Not trying to rain on the parade here, but this is a HUGE endeavour to pull off (having a bourse table) as novices at an ANA National Convention, it can be overwhelming, back in 1996 it took 20 minutes just to walk from one side of the floor to the other. In my shoes I was responsible for all the kids doing Page duties, and keeping track of 20-30 youngsters around 10-12 years old all week, well it was interesting to say the least.

We began our planning meetings for the convention a year in advance. This is big business for the ANA, one of the main money making things they do all year and it happens in 6 days! I had plans to meet up and say hi to at least 10 friends from around the country that came in for the show, I only saw 2 of them the entire week.

I doubt I'll make this years show, but maybe if my schedule changes, who knows, it would be great to meet everyone in real life! If you all need more ANA members feel free to use me as a member you know where my ANA # is located

Here is the info for the show for clubs:
http://www.worldsfairofmoney.com/index.php?id=129

Note you can NOT sell coins only club related materials, nor can any club member sell coins or display items for sale at the club table, the ANA is quite strict on this rule. (See rule #3 on above link)

In my opinion you should get either a club room or midway booth links at bottom of page (above link).

The Philly Show's ANA Convention Assistant is Emily Silver at 719-482-9849 or silver@money.org

I know I'm pretty new here, and don't want to stick my nose in where it's not needed, only trying to help with best intentions, so please take my ramblings with a grain of salt, I am no expert on this, just been there before working local coin club tables at ANA shows.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2012  2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mysilveryears to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ring in another one who just saw this exciting thread.
As much as this country boy despises cities with their traffic, noise, and crime, this will be a 'must attend' event for me. I live within easy commuting distance of Philly. I'd be willing to table-sit.
Also you gambling fans ought to know it's legal now in PA and there is a Harrah's in Chester, which is just a short hop down I-95 from Philadelphia, a whole lot closer than A-C.
Also my ANA # is BR-316416 in case that helps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5461 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2012  4:24 pm  Show Profile Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There might be a Harrahs in Chester but it does not appear to have a hotel attached to it. My main reason for choosing AC is the fact Harrah's will comp my room for the week....
Richard Barnes www.mycoins.us
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Coins for trade
http://www.mycoins.us/Trade/CCFtrades.htm
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 4.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05