Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CCF Get Together?

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Learn More...
United States
14003 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2011  6:56 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've considered such items as CCF shirts and hats as promotional items although this can get pretty expensive but free key chains and pens might be good :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2011  6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone tried to contact Bobby or Susan to ask them about this?
"I'm living for giving the devil his due, and I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you.." Blue Oyster Cult
Learn More...
United States
16737 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2011  9:09 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I have. Bobby's interested.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6568 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4183 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are my honest thoughts ... hoping no one throws rotten veggies at me ...

I live 1.5 hours South of Philly and would absolutely contribute to whatever is decided ... and for sure I will be there for the CCF get-together.

That said ... I am sceptical that we all appreciate and recognize the effort it will take to actually staff an official 'table' at the event ... even if it were give to the CCF free of charge.

It's a multi-day show folks ... who is willing to hold down the dull hours on a Sunday afternoon at the table?

My humble suggestion ... let's all agree on a date/time to meet up ... we can all wear our CCF stuff ... do the show together ... have lunch/dinner ... take lots of bragging rights photos .... and in general have a great time with no obligation beyond that one day.

Thoughts?

David

ps ... I already own the T-Shirt.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
14003 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  8:31 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby, is that a good thing or bad thing

David, great point you make but, I for one would be willing to staff the table even through the snail periods ;)
Anything would be great though!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1471 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll come all the way from Denver for this. Philly is one of my favorite cities, the Reading Terminal Market with tons of great food is right next door to the convention center, and...six blocks away is the Mint on 5th and Arch Sts., with the gift shop contained therein. Very walkable Center City with tons of historic places, have yet to see the eye opening medical specimens at the Mutter museum, College of Physicians & Surgeons, so in sum lots to see and do in addition to the ANA show!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6568 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bobby, is that a good thing or bad thing.

--> <--
Learn More...
United States
14003 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  9:29 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1280 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be coming from Northern Ontario, so I'll be in town for a few days and willing to man the table/booth. But there is one thing I need to know, - where can I park a truck 22'L x 7'6"H ?
Edited by mcshilling
11/28/2011 9:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
16737 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2011  12:48 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That said ... I am sceptical that we all appreciate and recognize the effort it will take to actually staff an official 'table' at the event ... even if it were give to the CCF free of charge.

A valid point, and definitely an area requiring planning.

As I mentioned, it'd be my intent to set up a photography lab and image coins throughout the show. I'd be taking vacation for this, and staying throughout - that would be one six-hour day and two eight-hour days facing the public. ending at 6PM so we'd have time to gather privately during the evening. I'd get my personal coin fix on Thursday, which is Dealer day.

And you'd be amazed how singlemindedly-intense Bobby is when he's got a goal in front of him.

Quote:
But there is one thing I need to know, - where can I park a truck 22'L x 7'6"H ?

How many coins are you bringing?
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Learn More...
United States
14003 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2011  01:12 am  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super, I too am planning to stay through the event, and would be very happy to help in any way deemed necessary ;)
Of course at some point during the show, I would love to take a swing around the bourse for my fix as well.
I agree, planning is definitely in order here.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1280 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2011  08:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We need trucks that size so we can find them in the winter
I'll be pulling a 30' 11'6"H RV and I think I have found a campground 30 minutes away (so the owner says) It's called Timberland in NJ

If any body is interested we can have a BBQ there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1748 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2011  09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI. I checked with the chairman for the ANA Philadelphia show and he said the forum would be better off joining the ANA as a club member. The cost to join as a club is $75 for the year and then the table is free (he said there is a nominal charge for cases and lights for a club). But if we are not an ANA club member then the table cost is $1000. He said there is a budget section but that still cost $500-600 per table. If we are going to do this then our best deal would be to contact the ANA and have the forum join as a club.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6568 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2011  09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently we can get the club membership to zero. They will knock off $5 for every member of our club that is an ANA member. So I need 15 names, as listed on your ANA membership, and ANA numbers to put on the application. Please email me and I'll get the application done today.
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05