Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2x2 Coin Holder Prints

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
127 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2011  7:37 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hey guys,

I collect a lot of medieval coins, and I label them: Country, year, denomination, precious metal, etc. Writing all of this by hand is really messy.

So I had this idea to use to print them off. In other words, I'm going to print off a 2x2 (adhesive back) with text that is entered around the coin. There would have to be a different template for each coin size (penny, quarter, half dollar, etc).

Does anyone know of anything like this that already exists? I can create it from scratch but it would take quite a while. I'm also not sure where to find the self-adhesive stickers.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Edited by Stan
12/05/2011 8:06 pm
Learn More...
United States
6600 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2011  8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mentioned in another thread that I purchased a label maker
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2011  8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw that. What I'm trying to do is find an entire 2x2 label that can be glued over the coin holder. Obviously it would have a cutout for the coin.
Learn More...
United States
6600 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2011  8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there was another thread in just the past few days with someone making labels to cover the entire 2x2. I will search for it

EDIT - no, guess I was thinking of that same thread
Edited by Fuzzy317
12/05/2011 8:42 pm
Learn More...
United States
6600 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2011  8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there is one label maker for labels 2.4 inches wide. If you are cutting out a hole for the coin, it would be relative easy to trim it down to size.
Edited by Fuzzy317
12/05/2011 8:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2011  8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any suggestions for an easy way to cut the hole out?
On a side note, do you know where I can get a good deal on bulk self-adhesives (back up plan)?
Valued Member
Canada
366 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2011  12:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aiglet7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For a number of years I have used Avery return address labels (1/2" x 1 3/4"). You get 80 to a sheet and 10 sheets in a pack gives you 800 labels. I staple my 2 x 2 coin holders on the bottom and sides so there is plenty of room at the top for the label. Using a small font on your word processor allows enough information for easy identification of the coin.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2011  12:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought about that, but I don't want a bunch of labels all over the place. For example, my system has name is upper left, date in upper right, denomination in lower left, and special composition in lower right. I'd like to have one standard formatted label, rather than several...
Valued Member
Australia
243 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2011  07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enoilgam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use labels, you just have to cut them up to suit your placement system. Like for me I have on the top COUNTRY - COIN TYPE/DENOMINATION - YEAR then at the bottom left I have the condition. So I cut one strip for the top and one for the bottom. I reakon someone should come up with an avery style label designed especially for 2x2's.
My CCF Gallery

Collecting since 2004
Learn More...
United States
6600 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2011  2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Avery has a 2x2 label. Label Number 22806
They may not be in some stores, but you can always order from Avery
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2011  12:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The label template is easy enough to make. The problem is the cutout around the hole for the coin.
I have no idea how that could be easily and cheaply mass-produced?
Learn More...
United States
6600 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2011  12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there may be punches to make the holes, but you would need one for each size.

You could sacrifice a normal 2x2 for the size needed. Separate the two sides. Remove the mylar film. This would be a template for the hole to trace with pencil or cut with an exact-o knife.
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2011  08:18 am  Show Profile Check wheatiefan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheatiefan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But then...

It's easy enough to buy a sheet of circular stickers. I'm sure you can find them at any craft or office store. People use them for price tags and stuff.

So if the tool exists to make nice circular stickers, couldn't the same tool be used to make square stickers with a circle cut out?

What we consider waste (the circle) is what the other producers want, and what they consider waste (outside of the circle) is what we want...

There's certainly less of a market for it, but I'm sure it can be done.

Now we just need some angel investors. :)
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2011  09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an idea - certainly the best one so far, but on a large scale, that's impossibly impractical.
Imagine having to do 2000 of those. Each one would have to be perfectly centered and cut.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05