Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972P-1DO-004 just found

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
146 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2011  08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadacoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I deleted my last post because looking at coppercoins and lincoln cent resource I can see the difference but I didn't notice whether any digits of the 1972 are different than a regular 1972P or other little things to look for besides doubling of Liberty and In God We Trust when it comes to this date but I can see the differnce from a regular 1972P when comparing to this pic. What I'm not getting yet is the classes of doubling and how to tell them apart.
Congratulations Maineman750! Nice Christmas gift.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2011  08:41 am  Show Profile Check Maineman750's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
canadacoinguy, the IGWT and LIBERTY are key to most of the 72 DDO's. And 72 is famous for master die doubling as well.As for classes of doubled dies, I believe there is a section on LCR with explanations.
Lincolncentresource.net
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  10:23 pm  Show Profile Check Maineman750's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update... my DDO #4 (AU58)was sold tonight through a Teletrade auctions. Final price was $2600 plus 15% buyers fee for a grand total of $2990...setting a new record for the grade. Chris Welch (liveanddievarieties) handled the submission to Teletrade.
Lincolncentresource.net
Edited by Maineman750
03/11/2012 10:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1234 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timsumrall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Congratulations! Extra kudos to Chris. Post pics of the skid loader :)

oops forgive my manners...

Edited by timsumrall
03/11/2012 11:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  05:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MaineMan, that is AWESOME!

May the fruit dance a long time for you!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10954 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  05:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow..i mean wow,congrats on your find. I would probably over look that one in my roll searching.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Valued Member
Canada
215 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Maineman750, I count you and I very lucky last night, Chris also handled my 1992 D Close AM PCGS AU53 which sold on Teletrade last night...
Edited by snek
03/12/2012 08:33 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  08:34 am  Show Profile Check Maineman750's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is "wow" and thanks guys...I just got lucky, and if it weren't for these forums I would have never noticed this one either.

I will come back and post my skid loader purchase Tim
Lincolncentresource.net
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  4:19 pm  Show Profile Check timras14's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add timras14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i barely see anything
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
601 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2012  4:42 pm  Show Profile Check liveandievarieties's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add liveandievarieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Needless to say timras, you probably won't be purchasing one. With further study and education, you'll easily recognize valuable coins like this, just keep working at it!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5046 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2012  06:45 am  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a super find!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05