Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 First Finds

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  11:26 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

It is getting that time of year where 2012 coins should start appearing in circulation. I would be interested in knowing when various denominations are first found and where. So far, no 2012 coins here in Northwest Florida. Would appreciate posts of your first finds. Thanks!

United States
46 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jdbeier38 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I read somewhere(maybe here) that they usually don't start appearing in circulation until mid-late Feb.
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pman860507 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I still have $20 from November of 2011 so I wont know for a while.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Usually it is the cent, since they mint so many, but I have heard of them being found in previous years at the end of January, so keep your eyes peeled.
Pillar of the Community
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  12:53 pm  Show Profile Check brenpickle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brenpickle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will keep my eyes open, now that all my sets are out of date.
Oldest Roll Finds:
Cents 1902
Nickle 1917
Dime 1941
Quarter 1964
Half 1960
Pillar of the Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thought you all had already found some 2012's. I was ready to head to the bank to start my yearly roll gathering. Sad part is I have not even been throught the rolls I acquired in 2011!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We probably won't see any 2012 until late february.
Learn More...
United States
22108 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2012  3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am still looking for 2011 2010 2009, and you are asking about 2012?
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2012  10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to find some of the 2011's new in bank rolls last year (one cent P, five cent P&D, 10 cent P&D). Only found Gettysburg-P & Chickasaw-P new in rolls. Found all of the 2011-P Presidents in rolls, no D's. Had to buy the half dollars and Native Americans from dealers.
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still looking for first finds. None here yet. Anyone found a new 2012 anything yet?
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ericmckeown to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man I am still looking for just one Chickasaw quarter. Have seen none!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2586 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too...I have some parks to trade if anyone wants to...
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light.~ GEORGE WASHINGTON

Don't take it personal I am just straight forward.

Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still looking for Vicksburgs both P & D & Chickasaw-D. Found Chickasaw-P and all other earlier ones. Would be happy to trade when I get up to 50 posts.
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't seen anything 2012-dated in the Dallas-Fort Worth area yet. If I recall correctly, I started seeing 2011-dated cents and dimes in late spring last year; it'll be interesting to see if that holds this year as well. 2011 nickels and (especially) quarters are pretty rare here still, but 2011 cents and dimes are now very common.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add War Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nuthin in Western NY yet.
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2012  7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add collectorplay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just recently started seeing the National Park quarters! Seen 3 in about the last 6 months!
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05