Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please help grade 38 Crown

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  11:35 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I bought this as stated EF, but the mark on the chin is really distracting me and now I'm wondering if its only VF. there is also a large one next to the A (Australia) on reverse.

thoughts?

(dont worry about the shine at the top if it looks like a mark, that is reflection from the 2x2)

also the mark between the S and V on obverse is not as bad as it looks, just the angle, cant really see it straight on.

Edited by joshtammi
01/24/2012 11:37 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1588 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add appleangel07 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin Josh,i'd say with plenty of lustre & very little wear EF maybe touching on gEF,pcgs would probably grade it au55 maybe au58 I have one very similar in an au58 case.
Shame it's got that coin strike on the Kings chin but a very nice example.
Edited by appleangel07
01/24/2012 12:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  7:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin. I cant afford a 38 at the moment but if I could id be more then happy with this one.
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks, I thought the chin mark may have been a bag mark cause I heard they were numerous due to the carriage of coins from the mint back then. I guess its good its a bag mark and not another mark really.

I'm happy with the $250 I paid for it :) and looks much better than my fake one!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1588 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add appleangel07 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
even the crapiest old 38 would be better than a FAKE IMO Josh
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
even the crapiest old 38 would be better than a FAKE IMO Josh

too true!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  01:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can tell you now after seeing the coin that a pic does it no justice..I would have been quite happy for you to leave it here Josh
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  03:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hahah sorry, maybe next time i'll forget it! how is the swimming pool going? hope the collection stays dry!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  03:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well my feet are now webbed and I'm starting to quack but I did manage to get the floaties on them
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well thats the main thing! hope all ends well, lucky I left when I did!
Pillar of the Community
1119 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  04:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erkle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice, is the W and N in crown meant to be connected?
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  04:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I assume so

Not my picture - please don't sue!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  05:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After looking at that other one and seeing yours Josh I think you should have a yarn to your dad and see what he thinks about sending it away and having it graded but I suppose just getting one of the hard cases to protect him for now and have a think about the other
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  05:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you reckon? I dunno if it will do that well, especially with the large bag mark on the chin. and it is expensive, have to get a membership which is at least $100, then pay $10 or so to grade, plus insured postage there and back! could end up costing 200 just for grading :(

shame nobody can do it in Aus.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah forget that until you have enough to make it worth while and doing a bulk order might make it cheaper but I really hope you get one of the hard plastic boxes to put him in..he's just way too nice to get any more marks on him
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  06:14 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$USD25 PCGS fee to get that in a holder then add postage there and back and the joining fee if you do it yourself. If you are not interested in joining and want to get just a few coins graded I would contact Drake Sterling Numismatics as they offer this service.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 4.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05