Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

online vendors

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
76 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  3:00 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sweetswede to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

are j and m coins reliable?

what about colonial acres.

im just wondering what are your guys experience with both, which has fair prices and are there grading of coins reliable?

Pillar of the Community
662 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  5:05 pm  Show Profile Check qbvbsite's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add qbvbsite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have orders from both places for Rolls and Supplies... I found CA better in the packaging/shipment time but I would order from both again.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4272 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never ordered from J&M but Colonial Acres is one of my favorite dealers.

I have never ordered anything online from them, but I deal with them a lot at coin shows and there store in Kitchener, Ontario and I have never had a problem. I would expect the same from their online sales as well.
Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Edited by Canadian-Banknotes
02/01/2012 5:19 pm
Valued Member
Canada
133 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lesinwestvan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never order on-line from either place but I go to the J&M store at least once a week and purchase coins all the time. It's like being a kid in a candy store. I think their grading is pretty accurate and if you eliminate the shipping by shopping in person they do have some good prices. I've heard great things about both stores, so I think your in good hands with either.
Valued Member
Canada
227 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Barrie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've dealt with both and have never had a problem. Shipping costs are a bit high though.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sml to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've ordered a few silver coins from CA online last month. I got my coins in about 2 weeks (within Canada). The package itself is pretty good but one of the silver coin has slightly tonned. I have never purchased online from J&M.

In terms of fair price, CA has good deal twice a month and price usually fair. J&M pricing is on the high side, so I usually don't buy expensive item from them. I hope this help.
Previously Banned Member
107 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinvet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonial Acres is my main source (80%+ of my purchases) for items to re-sale. I purchase about $10,000 worth of coins from them each year, Shipping cost is very reasonable ($6.50 per order within Canada) but shipping is a little slow (about 2 weeks within Canada). However, I have had only a couple of issues and both were resolved to my satisifaction with a simple phone call. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. There prices are good. Two additional sources for me are http://www.gatewestcoin.com and http://www.imaginaire.com
Pillar of the Community
Canada
925 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2012  11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elkslayer132 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the places mentioned are good I have used them all many times
Canada
49 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SteveInCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had positive dealings with CA in the past, friendly and helpful.

The only trouble I've ever had was over the price of a NCLT item. Just make sure you do your shopping and all is well.
Valued Member
Canada
76 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sweetswede to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks alot for the replies guys!
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2012  7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add motoryoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just bought my first from Colonial online yesterday!
Signature? Hmm......let me think...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1437 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2012  7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, Colonal Acres charges for too much shipping, but still somewhat reliable. J&M, the reputation is good.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1437 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2012  7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try not to buy anything out of eBay unless you have to.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Valued Member
Canada
76 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2012  12:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sweetswede to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when I look at eBay, it just comes off as sketchy trust me I stay clear of eBay lol

im looking at buying from j and m, there prices seem to be better then colonial acres for 1 dollar coins
Valued Member
Canada
133 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2012  11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lesinwestvan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In regards to eBay, I've been very fortunate to get some good coins for some good prices from some good people. It's like anything else, if you do your homework, know what you want to spend on a coin before getting caught up in the heat of an auction and read the sellers feedback I think eBay is a great place to buy.

I also use eBay to sell off my extra's. I wait until I have a few bucks in my Paypal account then spend it on coins I need.

Maybe I'm one of the few but I've had nothing but great purchases from eBay. However it's not my only source as I shop in person at coins shows, J&M and other local coin shops. eBay is just another coin store on-line and has definitely filled some holes in my collection.
Valued Member
Canada
364 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aiglet7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As J & M are my local coins store I have dealt with them for a number of years for both coins and supplies. I have found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. I have also made some very good purchases from other dealers in the Lower Mainland as well as at coin shows. As far as the, much maligned, eBay is concerned I have bought items through several dealers with great success. You have to be patient, selective and draw your own conclusions as to the quality of a coin. Photos and descriptions can be unreliable.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05