Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Rehab

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add texfischer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, this is odd, but it's not a bad odd, I wish I could go through that many coins.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  7:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hahaha bradford you beat me to it! I was thinking the same thing today friend of mine started his enrollment in an AA group so it had me thinking of us! haha cause this is indeed an obsession its lile a drug withdrawal when I dont have anything to open
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
4123 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow ... that is a ton of roll searching activity.

Hoping you share some occasional updates on your best finds.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
1754 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  7:52 pm  Show Profile Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I caught the fever 20+ years ago working the register at my c-store. I also had a game room and went through a lot of quarters.My real love though was pennies, I went through each cent that went into the till. I went colt turkey when we closed the store. A few months back I found this site and it all came back.
BEWARE THE FEVER!
BEWARE THE FEVER
Cat Stevens: R&R HOF:Finally
Stand up for Phil http://www.faithdrivenconsumer.com/...er_id=259282
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1392 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SteveCaruso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am certain that roll hunting has the same addiction feedback mechanism as gambling. "That War Nickel is just *one more* roll away! Honest! I'll stop after that...." :-)
-Steve (GSNA R-2306)
The Black Cabinet
A Database of Counterfeit Coins.
Counterfeit identification and attribution services.
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you find a support group let me know. I probably hit at least those numbers. I gave up the quarters unless I run out of something else to look through. I have three local banks that I get every bag that comes off of their coin counters except quarters. Back about Christmas I was dumping about 30,000 coins a week. I am going to keep out the automatic coin machine deposit slips for the entire year to see the count of each denomination. Should be interesting.

Still Lookin
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2067 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe there is a patch available. :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2533 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Join a local coin club. You can meet some people with a similar 'affliction' and socialize.
Oldest Found:

Cent: 1899 - Two Cents: 1867 - Nickel: 1916
Dime: 1943 - Quarter: 1964 - Half: 1917

Canadian silver:
Quarter 1966
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  09:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jizer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My mom thinks that I am addicted because I have taken over the entire house with coins! I just remind her that off all the addictions I could have that this one makes me money with no chance of losing it..

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it has the same feedback tendencies as gambling. In a way it is, but without the chance of lose. Only disappointment until the next box.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
12 step. I could do 4 boxes a wk; I slowed immensely when I got into double-dies & RPMs.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bbradford71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is funny, I do have the withdrawals when I am not able to find rolls to search or it is a holiday and the banks are closed. I really should find another activity to fill my time and do this hobby on a lesser scale. The coins have taken over my apartment, I probable have $1,500 worth of nickels in canvas bags that I have not had a chance to take to the bank just sitting in a pile in my living room.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennymandave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bradford71,

The advice I am going to tell you will save you LOTS of money and time. Find a bank or credit union with a coin counter. Then you wont have to roll the coins. Regard, David
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bbradford71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an account at a bank with a coin counter, it is simple a matter of time to load all the coins in the car (I live in an apartment and have two flights of stairs to walk and then about 60 yards across the parking lot to my car) before I can take them. I am planning on taking them to the bank with the coin counter this weekend. Thankfully I am not hurting for the cash right now so in a way it is almost like a savings account that I can't spend at the present moment.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennymandave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. And I hope you're saving your pre-1982 pennies as well. their melt value is 2.5 as of today. in 2008 it became illegal to melt pennies. that might be lifted one day
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bbradford71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Currently I am not searching pennies, Just have not gotten into them but if the CWR's of dimes remain difficult to find in large enough numbers I might get a box of pennies now and then.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05