Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1873 Newfoundland five cents

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  4:09 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

What's your opinion on the grade for this coin? Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5908 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  4:51 pm  Show Profile Check SHAFTA9a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one, VF-20.
True North
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input, Shafta! These ones are a little scarce. I wonder what others think.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
505 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cownick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1873 is a (VF) very fine year. Nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4756 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F15,nice coin
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darn! I was thinking F-15 myself but I was hoping to be persuaded differently! Thanks to all for the input!
Valued Member
Canada
130 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  01:47 am  Show Profile Check fredor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add fredor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should get VF if you send it to ICCS. EF40 if sent to PCGS. They are bad.
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fredor, I know PCGS is terrible on Maritime coinage but maybe if I send it to ICCS like you say I just might get a VF-20. I'll think about it!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even if ICCS gives it a VF-20 it's still a F-15.
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  4:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F15 max.. it is porous, at least it looks like it is...and it is cleaned.
Mine is about the same... not cleaned..
wish they were the H variety..
I recently picked mine up for......pssssttt
GBP 18 at an auction in a small brit town..
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  1:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm, not porous and not cleaned. And,sadly, no H either. And I have to defer to the sagacity of littlemoney: it is as it is and no fancy packaging will alter it.
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tamarin, right on......
lets hunt for the H...
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  07:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coingirl, I'm interested in how you got your 1873. Was it included in a larger offering of NFLD coins at this small town sale? You got a bargain!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
942 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:32 am  Show Profile Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F12, scratched. IMO
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tamarin,
you can always PM me...
Valued Member
Canada
291 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  08:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coingirl, I don't know how to pm on this forum. But it is interesting to see where coins show up. I'm always out and about at small town auctions and flea markets. Something new is always showing up somewhere!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05