Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coinalyzer? For those short on time?

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
wrk4lvg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  10:19 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wrk4lvg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

http://copperpennysorter.com/

Anyone here ever entertain this DIY kit?

Heck, it seems just cool enough to get me in to the world of coin hunting.

I only found one thread on here that even mentioned, and surprisingly (or perhaps not), nobody else touched upon it.

I just came across a video on youtube while looking at ATC audio clips (go figure)

Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
6269 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't roll search, but I don't see a purpose in a machine that sorts cents or halfs. If you can see a date, only 1982 would need sorting for cents by either a machine or by using a scale. If you can see dates for halfs, why would you need a machine to tell you if its 90%, 40% or clad.

The digital scale I bought was less than $10 I think
Edited by Fuzzy317
02/12/2012 10:36 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unholyroller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a Ryedale sorter, and even though I still look through my coins for collectible dates/errors, I still find it very useful. I presort my coins with the Ryedale, and have it put the coppers into a small tray that I can visually sort with a glance instead of one at a time. The zincs go into a bigger box for reviewing later for WAMs CAMs and others. I find it helpful to have to only think about certain sets of collectible coins at a time. In addition I have a better chance of finding that elusive 83 copper. Trust me, once you use a sorter you won't want to go without

*this is not a paid testimonial, nor should any comments made above be construed as those of the Ryedale Corporation, any of it's subsidiaries, those of employees, relatives of employees, or anyone within six degrees of separation of anyone even closely related to the Ryedale Corporation. These are the views of one man and should be taken as such, no more, no less. Lol
Edited by unholyroller
02/12/2012 1:28 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's an '83 copper?!?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unholyroller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes there sure is, 83 coppers do exist, incredibly rare, but real
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1089 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  7:08 pm  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured they would have gotten all those through in 1982, with all the varieties and such...
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lotchange to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a coinalyzer and sold it rather quickly. I found that I enjoyed hand searching more than sorting for copper. Also, if you don't buy the automatic feeder the coinalyzer will jam easily.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
1754 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  9:01 pm  Show Profile Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$50+ to do something I can do by hand? no thanks
BEWARE THE FEVER
Cat Stevens: R&R HOF:Finally
Stand up for Phil http://www.faithdrivenconsumer.com/...er_id=259282
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sjdas7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought one of these once. It jammed alot.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unholyroller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Ryedale never jams. It can gobble up a box of cents faster than I can unroll them
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2012  11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ianp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somewhat random, but if you're quarter roll or dime roll hunting, I use an extremely easy technique for sorting out the silver.

This does no good on key dates, but it's 100% on silver.

Unroll the coins, and look at the sides. 65+ quarters show copper on the side, 64- quarters show no copper.

If one of the coins is questionable, just set it aside and inspect it closer.

Easy enough..
Pillar Of The Community
United States
12535 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2012  11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Trust me, once you use a sorter you won't want to go without

Partially true. I too use one. Only mine is called Bank of America. I give them a bag of coins and they not only sort them, but they count them as well. Then they simply put the amount in my account. No need to purchase a coin counter, sorter, separator, material to make rolls, etc. Only some gas for my car to get to the bank. See some nice looking tellers, get a cup of coffee free at a table up front and no need to waste time playing around with piles of coins that I've already looked at.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05