Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I just inherited this. 11 Gold Coins on a bracelet.

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EarlB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Would love to inherit something like that.

Earl
Edited by EarlB
02/19/2012 1:20 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12630 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you Johnny and everyone for the valuable insight and comments!
Upstate: It weighs 6oz. total.

6 Ounces? Maybe but one thing I'd do if I were you would be to try a jewler to see if all are real before you do anything. I noticed you said it was inherited. Is that where you got that from aand did you know the person well? I'm a bit pessimistic since not many women would want to wear anything that bulky but of course there are always some that might. I remember a long time ago getting my wife a Gold Charm bracelet and she would never wear it due to it's bulkyness. Looked nice but just not easy to wear. As I said before you get all worked up about it's value, I'd have it authenticated.
If you do go to a jewler, don't mention you plan on selling it though. Pretend that you want to have it insured so you want to know how much to insure it for. Don't mention you plan on taking it apart either.
just carl
Edited by just carl
02/19/2012 6:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmwatson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive ... if you choose to sell, let the folks on this site know where you've listed. I'd certainly be interested and others may also.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  08:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some jewelers will put a drop of solder at the top of the bezel so that the coin will not move inside the bezel. Good jewelers will use shims.

We'd use shims to prevent turning, and a drop of insane stupid crazy glue on the screw threads.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 5 dollar indian looks pretty good I would put it in the au-58 category form wwhat I can see.
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you are one very lucky individual....a very heavy bracelet for someone to have worn (if they ever did), but gorgeous. Is the chain gold too?
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2012  8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add summer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too inherited a gold coin bracelet and was wondering if the coins were of value to a collector. I have two 1926 $2.50 commemorative coins on mine which I know are hard to find.
Thank you all for the wise words. I wore the bracelet once several years ago and it was worn once by previous owner.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  02:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, summer1!

A pix, or a description of each coin on it, will be necessary.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05