Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Coin Photography

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

First results with new T2i

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
rmpsrpms
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1390 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  01:43 am Show Profile Check rmpsrpms's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Had to update my system software to install the control utility, but finally got brave enough to do it and snapped a photo of the same 57-D as in last thread (#9 in the roll).

Here is the coin with my Nikon D7000:

And here is the coin with my Canon T2i:

I am almost speechless. The Canon image is so much sharper than the Nikon image that it is laughable.

A while back I complained that a lot of coin images I saw online were inexplicably "easy to look at". All my images from the Nikon have a sort of "crosseyed fuzzy" look to them compared to the Canon, which displays that "easy to look at" quality on my very first photo with it.

I've taken my last coin photo with the D7000, and the T2i now has a permanent home on the bellows.

...Ray

Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. Email me with your needs.
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
2235 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  09:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, better results with a considerably cheaper camera? At least, that's what I see when I do a basic google search on the two models. Is one a newer "generation" than the other?

Regardless, ludicrous pictures with both in my opinion...
Confucius say "The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life."

Our members sell on eBay too!!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1998 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rmps - interesting. Even on the LCD screen of my laptop, I CAN tell the difference. The upper bag mark on Lincolns shoulder has "depth" and "detail" from the Canon T2i.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1390 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  11:36 am  Show Profile Check rmpsrpms's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the 100% pixel level detail comparison...Ray

Nikon

Canon
Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. Email me with your needs.
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  1:07 pm  Show Profile Check brg5658's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ray, awesome comparison! And, welcome to the Canon world!

Do you surmise these differences are because of the EFSC? I presume these were shot with the 75ARD1? The close-up image really makes the difference obvious. The T2i is a great camera for the roughly $500 price tag!
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
16099 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  1:24 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05