Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dreaming about coins!

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  06:12 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Newmismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I'm rather new at this pursuit, as my user name is intended to suggest, but I guess I've been bitten by the coin bug: Last night I dreamed someone handed me a heavily worn Standing Liberty quarter in change at a coffee shop! Does this mean my case is hopeless?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2816 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  06:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hopeless ?
on the contrary, this is a sure sign that you have commenced your journey on the path to enlightenment !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2367 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We all have those strange dreams and a light wallet. What would Freud say?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1325 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  08:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some people believe dreams foretell the future. I'm not in that group but I think I would increase my coffee habit for awhile, just in case.
OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have dreams like that sometimes. Usually it is after a day of obsessing or studying over some specific subject.
Valued Member
United States
134 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  10:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add markj11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha, I'm just getting started in collecting. I had a dream last night that I had to sit in for a buddy in a poker game while he went to the restroom. They were using coins as chips and he had almost all silver coins and he didn't know it. He also had a half penny, I don't even know what they are or how they look and it was in my dream.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12917 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was me and I just wanted to show it to you but you kept it and ran away. Next time I'll stay away from your dreams.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're lucky I dreamt that my girlfriend shaved my whole body in my sleep. I couldn't even venture a guess as what that means. I wish I could have a coin dream.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4263 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Supposedly dreams are mostly just reflections of your life and surroundings. You collect coins, your bound to have a dream about coins sooner or later.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Pillar of the Community
United States
2839 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any new or unusual real-life event usually ends up in a dream.
As a new collector you have yet to process all of the information that you are now learning. So your unconscious mind does this work for you as you sleep.

As for me, years ago I used to dream of Lincoln Cents. They had bizarre
errors, multiple mint marks and the like.
More like a nightmare!
I have never met a Barber Coin which I didn't like. Visit us at the Barber Coin Collectors' Society
http://www.barbercoins.org/
Learn More...
United States
21587 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love having coin dreams like these.

I do not like waking up from them though.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice user name and a great dream to have.

So was there any date or mintmark on the SLQ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  12:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These dreams are always a let down.
I'll find or be given amazing or unique coins, then I'll realize "Blast! This is dreamland and there's no way of taking this home"
Learn More...
United States
21587 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, I had a coin dream last night after reading this post yesterday. However, it was not about coins, but the Coin Community.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3230 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  11:32 pm  Show Profile Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dreams don't foretell your future, don't be naive. They are mixtures of your past, your aspirations, and your anxieties.
Selling paper money: http://gtacoins.ecrater.com
Want to Buy or Trade: Nuevos Pesos Méxicanos (UNC): P95, P96, P97, P98, P99, P105a and P105b.
Nickel, not Nickle :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just had a dream about a coin last night:

It was a 1ozt silver US $1 coin, nearly uncirculated, writing on it of the same typeface as the Austrian Philharmonic, Minted in 1990, and I think some design commemorating something or someone Jewish.

BEAUTiful coin, Curse the games the mind can play like that
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05