Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Сoin - a spy ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Russian Federation
44 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  5:37 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Omnivorous to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

What is a coin - a spy?
Coin is easy to rotate in a box.
The blow on the box, the coin flies out of her

Valued Member
United Kingdom
449 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coinage123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin itself is a Swedish 2 ore, I know during the cold war coins like these were used in Germany during the 50's 60's when there was an increasing amount tension between east and west Germany coins with a secret compartment were used by spies to move messages around. Im sure that Sweden was pretty neutral during the Cold war so I doubt this is a "spy" coin. may be a souvenir piece?
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add War Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that was machined out, it was beautiful work!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10020 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's nice! It looks like a real coin was made into a box.
It's about twice as thick as it should be, so it might not be intended to pass as a coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2702 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody remember microfilm?
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add worldnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of these are made from 2 coins of the same denomination. Each one is hollowed out on a different side, then machined so they will screw together. Most are found on larger coins so photos or pictures of loved ones could be inserted and carried around by travelers, soldiers, etc. Smaller coins have been used to conceal microfilm messages, like the one discovered in New York in the 1950s used by a Russian spy.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  05:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Omnivorous!

Check ebaY for "scotch and soda", a magic coin very similar to this.
Russian Federation
44 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Omnivorous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks to my friends, for your comments ...
Maybe someone will tell the Swedish forum, I want to ask them ...?
I think I have a coin, a coin like this ...

Monentu-cache worked for the KGB in the 1950s: a hollow coin could come in handy for storing spy microfilm and microdots. Opened with "secret" with the needle, push in the small hole on the front side of the coin. The second type of coins came later: it was the coin-spyware, transmitting a signal on the location scout.

Smuggle your micro-sized goodies like a Cold War-era spy with Hollow Spy Coins. These exact duplicates of real spy coins used by both the CIA and KGB to smuggle things like poison, codes, and microfilm come in a variety of sizes, including full dollars, half dollars, quarters, and nickels, each with a hollow cavity inside awaiting your secrets

Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
449 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  08:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mvojnovic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
"Navikli smo da, naime, vladamo tuđim, a ne drugi našim ,u to smo sigurni dok bude ratova I mačeva"
Daurentije
Russian Federation
44 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2012  2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Omnivorous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good time ...
I would be grateful to all who help me ...
Advice please Swedish forum, or auction, which sold coin Sweden?
Where can I find a site where it is appreciated ...?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Shop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05