Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CCF's First Annual "Get the Kids Hooked" Drive

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6835 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  9:40 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

As most of you probably know already CCF will have a table at the ANA show in Philly August 7-11 2012.

Looking around the office here I had a thought....

I see a stack of 20 or so ICG slabbed "Genuine" Buffalo nickels. I see a bunch of PCGS modern coins that are MS/PR 68 or 69 that obviously someone thought would come back 70. I see BU ATB Quarters still in the US Mint rolls. I see some PCGS PR69RD DCAM Shield cents autographed by Lyndall Bass.....

Do you see where this is going?

I thought how cool would it be to give this stuff out to young kids at the show. Cool right?

Then I wondered how it could be even cooler...

Then I thought of all the wonderful people here.

And here we are, CCF's first annual "Get the kids hooked" drive.

Watcha got laying around that would excite a young kid?

Send us a care package and we will give it all out to kids at the show to hopefully spark some YNs. It would be awesome to get enough stuff to last the entire show.

Drop me an email for the address.

Learn More...
7367 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  9:44 pm  Show Profile Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Package will be on the way
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9803 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2012  10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few world coins I can send your way--I just need your address
Learn More...
United States
17307 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  04:00 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I know, this is the very first time an online community has put forth the effort to become a part of a major coin show. Yes, we're basing our qualification to be there upon an established dealership also owned by the founders of this forum, and we will offer a very nice assortment of coins for sale there, but...

That's not what it's about. The ANA is about perpetuating the Hobby of Kings, and I believe it to be sheer serendipity that we have found this the time to coalesce our efforts around showing a more public face to what I firmly believe is the finest online gathering of numismatic appreciators ever assembled.

The purpose of coin collecting is twofold. First, knowing that we are never owners, but only holders of the coins we collect - to preserve these historic treasures for the enjoyment of those who will follow us. And second, to inspire, encourage and support the development of the ones who will carry the torch when we have passed. The coins will exist. It is our job, yours and mine, to ensure that those coins will remain in the hands of those who are educated and motivated to pass them on yet again to others who can carry the history of nations into the future.

We're not asking this of you so we'll have stuff to offer on eBay in the future. We share this dream. We're all in with this amazing hobby, and we're asking your help to potentially strike the spark inside the kids who will carry the dream into the future. Nothing we do today amounts to a hill of beans if there's nobody left to carry the torch when we're gone. Help us strike some sparks to that torch.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, coinguybrian, numismo, Johnny54321 - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Learn More...
United States
6706 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  04:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can contribute many world coins. They are currently separated by country. Should I leave them separated or do you think not knowing the country might inspire a YN? Just give me a mailing address.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1359 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will bring some coins from Canada, with me for you at the show, will that be OK? Should I put them in 2x2's?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6835 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  08:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be awesome. If you could put them in 2x2's that would be awesome.

I'm going to put everything in 2x2s and put them in a big box for them to reach in and pick one. I'll keep the slabbed coins out with sequential numbers on them, then take some wheaties in 2X2s and mark the numbers in red on them. If they pull one of them, they'll get the corresponding number slabbed coin.
Learn More...
United States
6706 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to USPS, you should get my contributions Saturday. Hope you have plenty of 2x2's, since mine are multiples in large size flips.

Don't mess up wheaties by marking them, I beg you to use some zincolns.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11321 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that YN's should not be given slabbed coins because it is much more fun for a youngster to hold/feel the coin in their hands. I would suggest giving out folders for cents or nickels and maybe even a roll of coins to go with it. Just an idea and my humble opinion.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mariospaghetti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is so cool. My wife and I are planning on attending, but now we might bring our 2 young girls. It will ,just depend on if that is the time her ex hubby is getting married or not. Because the girls are in the wedding.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6835 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't mess up wheaties by marking them

I'll be writing it on the flips.
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the thing of if they pick a Lincoln they get a slabbed coin is great, that way its like a contest that they win either way. I probably wouldn't tell them if they got a certain coin they would win a slabbed coin, I would just let them know if they pulled one out. Then my luck it would be one with a sister or brother with them that won one and the others didn't and I would end up giving each of them a slabbed coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2220 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  12:44 pm  Show Profile Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like John1's idea of giving out folders. I have about 10 or so at home that I can ask vermontensium to bring with him to the show and how about a couple bags of wheat cents for them to search through, fill the holes in the folder and keep what they found? I know that would take quite some space out of the booth but may be we can talk w/ ANA to make some arrangement on that. CCF is like a coin club (online coin club) and the fact that our coin club of giving out stuffs for YN should be a great addition to the show, so I don't think ANA will reject it. Just my thought.
*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade.
My coins for sale
Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasinva69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They do this at the Baltimore Coin show and it is very popular with the kids. In fact, it's one of the main reasons my 12 year old likes going.

If you send me the address, I'll contribute some stuff that hopefully will interest the younger folks.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6835 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, everyone that needed the address to this point should have mail.

Quote:
I have about 10 or so at home that I can ask vermontensium to bring with him to the show and how about a couple bags of wheat cents for them to search through, fill the holes in the folder and keep what they found?

That would be awesome!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2612 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  9:53 pm  Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have couple rolls of Buffaloes, Jefferson nickels and Wheaties coming your way soon!
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 5.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05