Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

50 cent 1979

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
145 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  8:05 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add carleroo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I'm still a newbie to all this, so I would appreciate any advice on the grading of this %0cent piece.

Many thanks,
Carl

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could we see the other side?
Valued Member
Canada
145 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carleroo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops...here it is.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
505 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cownick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sure looks like a Mint state. I'm not sure what those spots are on neck and is that a mark on the cheek?
Valued Member
Canada
145 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carleroo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are tiny nicks.Does it still qualify as Mint?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
505 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cownick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sure looks like MS-62. Struck in nickel not really worth much, only a buck or so but still a nice coin. It is worthy of a keep-sake.
Remember, the more shine, the fewer marks and the sharper the strike = higher the grade.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1462 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it a proof like?
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Valued Member
Canada
145 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carleroo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm new to this stuff. Is there a reference out there that describes all the coin grades - Proof, Mint, MS-62, etc..
I'm still learning...

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1294 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  12:24 am  Show Profile Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
go here for some really good grading info

http://www.coinoisseur.com/GradingC...OIN%20GRADES

http://www.coinsandcanada.com/
Valued Member
Canada
145 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  07:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carleroo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks. This is very helpful. I had no idea of the anne of grades, etc.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05