Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Rainbow penny?

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Rollcall
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  8:56 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Rollcall to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Ive got a 2008 penny (Canadian) that has the nicest rainbowish colors going through it. Would it make it worth anything

Trying to post a pic or should I not bother?

Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  9:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rollcall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a very beautiful coin I just can't figure out how to post a picture on my cell phone. Imy laptop is broken ATM but the camera on my phone is good. I could email the picture to somebody if they want to post it if anybody would like to see.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1120 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  12:22 am  Show Profile Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rainbows can be faked (accelerated) fairly easy,
eye appeal is worth little something (if you like it, keep it) but probably not a lot.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1379 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay... Stick a piece of tape onto a MS coin for 2 hours and rainbow would appear.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  12:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rollcall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found it in a roll hope its not fake. Still would like to know what could go for?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1166 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  07:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikandiggit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One cent. A lot or end-of-roll coins are toned, sometimes with rainbow colours. If you like it, keep it. By roll searching you'll find lots of these.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Rollcall!

It's worth whatever someone will pay.
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Terry-T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, Value = 1 cent. It will take decades for any of the present ordinary circulating coins to gain value. There are 100's of collector's and dealers with rolls of every denomination (just look at eBay - 50% or more of Canadian coins listed for sale are after 2000, and sets and rolls are everywhere). I've seen dozens if not hundreds of coins such as yours, and I don't even search rolls. If you like the look, keep it, but don't expect to ever make a profit on it.
Valued Member
Canada
227 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  10:14 pm  Show Profile Check Barrie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Barrie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want something to trust... get a dog.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano Glass
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05