Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Acquisition - 1857 Nova Scotia Token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  9:23 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add kensho52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I picked this poor lady up today for a couple of bucks. She is long in the tooth and looking a little green. I wanted to post this first, then the reverse. Once it is scanned and up, I'd appreciate knowing a little more about it than it says on the coin

On reverse, the last A in NOVA and the S and O of SCOTIA all appear to be filled. Or is it PMD? Didn't look like it under the microscope. I could get some shots if necessary.

Thanks!

russ

Edited by kensho52
02/23/2012 9:48 pm
Valued Member
Canada
227 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Barrie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though she's a bit long in the tooth... she is well preserved. Anxious to see the flip side.
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Terry-T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks like a 56. Here are 2 pages from Charlton about the token;

Valued Member
Canada
138 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2012  9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nscoinkid1997 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a really nice token. I actually collect these type of coins so I know how good this is. However, I am sort of unsure on some of the letters in "Nova Scotia" (S and O are not there. As well, there seems to look like in the picture to be a bit of damage on the left side of the cokin. Other than that, it is really good.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05