Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would be interesting to share your world coin pics & see...

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
4008 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ed_B to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why spot platinum is cheaper than gold.

Yes, that is a relatively rare occurrence. Pt is almost always $100-200 per oz. more expensive than gold. Pt is also about 1/12th as common as is gold, so it should be more expensive than gold and by quite a lot. It does have quite a few industrial applications, though, and is sometimes seen as an indicator of how well the auto industry is doing. They use quite a bit of Pt and Pd in their catalytic converters.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1430 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:35 am  Show Profile Check traevin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add traevin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ivory Coast 2010 1,000 Francs- Mammoth Tusk w/Fossil Proof
I present for your viewing pleasure an obscure country to knock off the list. And for any of you combination numismatic/paleoanthropologist/fossil hunter/macro-fauna enthusiasts out there, this is a must have.

If you haven't noticed by now, I don't proofread veery well and I apollogize profusely. (;>D
Pillar of the Community
United States
1430 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  01:34 am  Show Profile Check traevin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add traevin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New Zealand $1 2009 Icons of New Zealand- Kiwi Proof
If you haven't noticed by now, I don't proofread veery well and I apollogize profusely. (;>D
Valued Member
Finland
242 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  06:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eurocoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here´s sterling coin from Finland: 10 euro 2004/Tove Jansson and Moomin characters

Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  08:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kensho52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Republic of Panama - 1 Balboa - Struck in Phildelphia on US dollar planchets.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
8889 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  09:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not into NCLT, but I have to admit that there is a lot of nice and occasionally innovative art work here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  09:46 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the Mammoth coin, Bugger it now I have to get Ice Age movie out and put it on the DVD
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Armenia Noah's Ark

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1990 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:52 am  Show Profile Check Bacchus2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that these two are appropriate

Ethiopia - 1889 1 Birr

Straits Settlements - 1907 1 Dollar

Pillar of the Community
United States
1430 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  03:03 am  Show Profile Check traevin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add traevin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
List of countries crossed off so far (21)

United States, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Mongolia, Tuvalu, Belize, China, Russia, Fiji, Somalia, Mexico, Austria, Japan, France, Cook Islands, Armenia, Finland, Panama, Straits Settlement, Ethiopia
Edited by traevin
03/10/2012 09:42 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1430 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  03:05 am  Show Profile Check traevin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add traevin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Euro,

The 2004 Finland is very nice. Thanks; I must have one!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1430 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  09:35 am  Show Profile Check traevin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add traevin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm adding a few dupes that won't change the count but wanted to share. Ship themed:

Canada 2000 $20 Transportation Series The Bluenose Proof

Canada 2005 $20 Tall Ships 3-Mast Ship Hologram Proof

Canada 2006 $20 Tall Ships Ketch Hologram Proof in Box

Canada 2007 $20 Tall Ships Brigantine Hologram Proof

Cook Islands 2010 $1 Naval Battles- Salamis 480 BC Proof

Somali Republic 2005 4000 Shillings Chinese Junk Proof

Edited by traevin
03/10/2012 09:37 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5471 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  11:00 am  Show Profile Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alderney

Australia

Bermuda

Cayman Islands

Cook Islands

East Caribbean States

Fiji

Gibraltar

Gough Islands

Guernsey

Isle of Man

Should I continue?

Richard Barnes www.mycoins.us
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Coins for trade
http://www.mycoins.us/Trade/CCFtrades.htm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1430 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:55 pm  Show Profile Check traevin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add traevin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Should I continue?"

Absolutely. Still a long way to go on filling out the country count, which I'll update later today.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5471 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  7:29 pm  Show Profile Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Jersey

Marshal islands

Mexico

New Zealand

Solomon Islands

Turkey

Richard Barnes www.mycoins.us
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Coins for trade
http://www.mycoins.us/Trade/CCFtrades.htm
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05