Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 World Coins and Commemoratives

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Piece of 8 coin,,,

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Cajunlady0
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  3:22 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cajunlady0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have been following the below eBay listing. Is this authentic? And if so, what amount should it bring (if I decide to bid on it)?

Thanks for all input.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20072071544....m1426.l2649

Would love to have it............if it is the real deal.

Moved to World Coins forum - Sap

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask the seller to send you a photo of the side of the coin, post it here, the experts will help.
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cajunlady0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Apollo...just sent him a message to do that. Will post it IF he sends me the pic!

Valued Member
Canada
337 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aiglet7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This appears to be a Spanish Mexico 8 Reales coin which would have been minted in Mexico City during the reign of Charles III (1760-88). It should weigh 27.067 grams. However for a silver coin in apparently nice condition the bidding is very low. See the NGC website: http://www.ngccoin.com - enter the coin details and check the catalog price.I think you will be surprised.

Note that the seller says "OK, I know nothing about coins......"
Valued Member
United States
457 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  09:05 am  Show Profile Check wheatiefan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheatiefan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't bid on anything yet. Although common ones can be had for not much more than melt value, there are lots of fakes and ways for beginners to get burned.

First step would be to research in advance what you are interested in. CCF has a big collection of 8 Reales aficionados and experts. Probably 20-50% of the posts on the world coins subforum is about 8 reales coins. Spend some time reading the posts by swamperbob, jfransch, mathieuma, twokopiecki, etc... They are a friendly bunch and welcoming to newbies. . .
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05