Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915 Aussie 1 Penny Please help me grade :)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  6:08 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add silverdollar2011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi guys, I got this guy off from a lot I bought off eBay and Im wondering what its grade would be, which is quite important for this coin as to its value! Thanks in advance!
- michael

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5102 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  6:16 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the reverse looks to be VF
The obverse however is a Good
listed in Rennicks as vg $6
It is still a collectible coin as it is the 1915 not the 1915h
The 1915 mintage is 0.96m
and the 1915h is 1.32m
If the obverse was in the same condition as the reverse this would be worth about $60
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2830 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
on the obverse, one clue is to count the pearls on the King's crown: at best, you'll see eight.
There are other factors, but that's an easy starting point.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2012  05:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This looks cleaned to me and might be worth $5. Obverse is very worn, I would go with overall VG for this coin. Too hard to see if it has the H mintmark but I dont think it matters either way in this grade. A start to an Australian collection.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5102 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2012  05:24 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot understand why this coin is valued so low
when in the US in 1915 there were about 56 million cents made and in Canada there were just under 5 million cents made.
This one has a mintage of less than 1 million
Go Figure.
Still a collectible coin and well worth hanging on to, even if it is low grade
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2012  06:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say because the aussie market is soooo much smaller.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5102 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2012  06:19 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would say because the aussie market is soooo much smaller.

I totally agree with that but there is an increasing awareness worldwide of the low mintage coins we have to offer here.
So I suggest that every Aussie gets their sets ( especially the pre Decimal) up to scratch before all our good coins head overseas and the costs go up exponentially to acquire these coins
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Westwood Arms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weird wear pattern Obv vs Rev. I'd guess VG10 unless that is a hole in front of George's nose, if so...damaged.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsShop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05