Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Australian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Australian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

got one at last

Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Australia
459 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  04:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dibby33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought one last year also. I don't really collect 50c and when I saw it I thought about it and then paid $35 for it. I thought I was crazy at the time (still do really!) but it is in a folder and I enjoy looking at it when I do so I suppose it paid for itself :-)
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
510 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  05:13 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did very well for getting one in that grade at that price. My guess is that it fell short of a lot of buyers radar because of the mispelling "incursed" when it should have read incused.
Pillar Of The Community
1119 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erkle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i didnt find it and I do searches with just the first 2 letters of what im searching and a few of these *******
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Australia
4959 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  7:44 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tracking says its at the post office
the moment of truth is upon me, I'll go get it and see what it really looks like
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar Of The Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome o
Can't wait for pics!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4959 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the pic's
the scans show all the warts on this

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1567 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add appleangel07 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Geez trout,that sellers pics made it look way better than that,are you sure it's the right coin ? any small marks in the sellers pics that you can correspond with the coin in hand ?
My bet is you are pretty disappointed as I would be if I received that coin,it looked way way better than that in his listing.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4959 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  10:40 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah not real happy about it.
The scanner does show every single tiny mark in coins.
The last pic is from my usb thingy and it looks better in hand.
But Hay its an icused
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  10:44 pm  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that's a big difference mate. Unlucky. Still you have one and it is still in OK condition.

Another testament to being carefully forking out too much on eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4959 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  11:05 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah well win some loose some , it's all part of the game
I had a great win yesterday with the pre decimal silver and I get a bit of a loss today
But that is what makes it so interesting and sooo much fun
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that was a banknote, you'd know for certain if they've sent the one in the pic from the serials, but with that coin it's almost a stretch of the imagination to think that's the same coin without any photoshopping...
Edited by FNQ
03/07/2012 11:32 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05