Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

bought my first set today.

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  7:07 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

So we went ahead and bought the new 1812 canadian set. What really made think if getting it was the penny and the dollar. I like how its gold plated. Hopefully its going to look great

Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrpiedfort to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw one at a dealer and it's very nice. The case is made of real leather and of course that penny.
Let us know what you think when you get it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
964 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  7:46 pm  Show Profile Check Bm0ney's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bm0ney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely done! Collecting sets can be as rewarding, exciting, and addictive as collecting singles.
Gift? ... nice one. Gold plating is a great look.
(you mentioned considering getting set as a gift a while back)
Congrats.
"A 3rd class ride is better than 1st class walking." B$:)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for graduating school, and going on too highschool. thanks everyone and ill post pics and tell you what I think
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aarf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats..IMO it is a beautiful set.
Pillar of the Community
663 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  8:42 pm  Show Profile Check qbvbsite's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add qbvbsite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats.. it a very nice set indeed :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks everyone... I will update when its gets here
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1705 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  10:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2012 Silver Penny with selective gold plating:
Pillar of the Community
663 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  10:40 pm  Show Profile Check qbvbsite's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add qbvbsite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone know how much the penny would be worth if bought seperately?
Valued Member
Canada
450 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  06:38 am  Show Profile Check Lithanial's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lithanial to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^Right now, an eBay auction is going for about $43, so I guess it is much higher than that.
Waiting for Ziz
Pillar of the Community
United States
934 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Completed auctions run from $41 to $70, with most being in the $50-$55 range.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a really nice coin! and my set should be here this week
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gbvbsite. I saw the penny at my coin for for $60
Pillar of the Community
663 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:13 pm  Show Profile Check qbvbsite's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add qbvbsite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ouch... thats gonna be an expensive purchase for my set...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
buy the whole set?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On eBay, the penny's running ~$50, nickel ~$15, dime ~$10, quarter ~$15, half ~$25, looney ~$40, twonie ~$30, and proof dollar ~$100.

Total if bought separately is about $285. After eBay and paypal fees, a seller would be left with about $250, 15% return if the set was bought at retail. Not bad I guess, if the time invested is worth it.

Beautiful coins though. You put this pure silver set beside a regular ol' proof set and you'll see the difference right away.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05