Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Titanic Coin Already on "Last Chance"

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1956 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:03 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

The silver-plated 50-cent Titanic coin is already on the "Last Chance" page of the RCM's website -- they must have been popular with dealers and Masters Club members!

Maybe a few speculators out there?!

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2014
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1973 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:26 am  Show Profile Check chequer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Citadel Coins in Halifax does a lot of RCM product business and since Halifax is where Titanic victims are buried (amongst other things Titanic related), I am pretty certain a few will be available in his store. The store receives a lot of tourist traffic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
920 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't realize he had a physical store. I'll have to check it out when we visit N.S. this summer.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1973 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  12:07 pm  Show Profile Check Bacchus2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not overly a fan of commeratives - but I might get a few Titanic ones - given the local importance (it was built here).
Valued Member
Canada
450 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  8:40 pm  Show Profile Check Lithanial's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lithanial to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is now sold out
Waiting for Ziz
38 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aDk2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought two this morning... right on time!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1701 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

SOLD OUT?! Wow this is unbelievable. Glad I placed my order in time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
924 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elkslayer132 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't believe it sold out so fast I wasn't going to get any but changed my mind last week and ordered 4 of them I hope they turn out to be like the nuthatch coin
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KJL82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kinda thought this might happen, really glad I bought two now!
Surprised by the swiftness of the sellout though, the pre-orders through the masters club and dealers must have been heavy
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2360 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one Feb 20 from the mint and just ordered two more from a dealer today.

A little speculation on my part but worst case, I can give them as gifts to the kids. I like combining history and coin collecting. Kids get something shiny and also learn a little about the past.

Plated copper with some paint. I'm sure RCM wishes they had 25k mintage on this one 'cause it has to have a great profit margin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
920 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like everyone is sinking their money into this coin!

I think it will be a winner.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2360 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seems like everyone is sinking their money into this coin!

Sinking?

Really?

The dealers seem to be playing with this one too (like the 50 cent roll). The folks in KW were sold out earlier this morning but have more stock now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
sinking

Too soon?
Pillar of the Community
United States
920 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canuck1us to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mentioned in another thread that I got the set of three Titanic coins from Talisman here in the U.S.

The $0.50 coin was the only one that was more than the RCM price. It was $39.95 vs. the RCM $34.95.

The lower mintage, the design, and the relatively lower price (even though it is just silver plated) I think will keep it holding its value if not more.

I thought of getting one from Canada Post, but this one never even made it to their website although the quarter and the silver $10 are there.

I'm anxious to see it in hand.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
545 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Amaths to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it seems like jandm is still taking orders of this coin and the 50 cent roll at issue prices. I don't see any limit on purchase.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2360 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  9:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is at least one other dealer out of Winnipeg that has them too though with a limit of one.

Interesting. An auction appeared on eBay an hour ago for this coin and it starts at 90USD with a buy-it-now price of 100USD.

Will this coin be the star of the 2012 issues?
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05