Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

50c jubilee mint roll

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  04:15 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add 4ddrft to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hey everyone I saw a jubilee mint roll for $25 in a antique shop but I really wasnt sure if that was a reasonable price. Is it worth buying?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  04:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would take it, 1 sold recently for $20 not incl postage the other $36 not inc postage, not a bad buy IMO.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  04:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Offer them $20 first though. Always worth a shot!
Valued Member
Australia
318 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoinManTim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see the value in it.
In last 30 years, that mint roll with face value of 10 bucks has made its way to 25 bucks. - or 20.

For the hassle of storing it, keeping it in tack, then selling it.
The guy who put it away has nearly lost money!
Valued Member
Australia
262 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicwinner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
25 is a fair price.make sure use your credit card in order to get some tax return :)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How can you get that back on tax?
Valued Member
Australia
59 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add denny5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
25 is a fair price.make sure use your credit card in order to get some tax return :)

Want to know this too.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only way is if you have an ABN that is registered for GST. Then you could claim the GST back on your BAS statement. You would only get a bit over $2 back though. And you would have to be using your ABN selling things, charging GST which you need to return to the ATO. If you are not trading within 12 months of registering for GST the ATO will cancel your GST role anyway.

Cant think of any other way and if there is its dodgy.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1588 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  11:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add appleangel07 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Tim,waste of time & money,they will never be of any great value,get a silver proof one if you must have one because there were 25 million + of the circulation issue coins minted & there is no demand for them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  12:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After looking at the catalogue value and really thinking about this im changing my mind and agreeing with appleangel and tim. I dont think bother.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
656 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  02:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For the hassle of storing it, keeping it in tack, then selling it.
The guy who put it away has nearly lost money!

I disagree. He has had the pleasure of having it as part of his collection.

4ddrft, you won't make a fortune off this item, but if you would like a mint roll of Jubilee coins to add to your collection then $20 to $25 is a very reasonable price.
Valued Member
Australia
318 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  03:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoinManTim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going to throw my 2 cents in again;

I'd agree MobOfRoos, for sure, if it was an enjoyable part of his collection, I think we'd all say value is irrelevant.

But, given this is a roll, not a coin - you can't look at it, you cant hold it and go "delicious!" you're limited to touching brown paper and knowing there is some metal inside - if you're lucky you will get to see both sides of 2 different coins!-
And given mintage, it's not as if you've had any hunt in tracking it down, so the coins 'challenge' is about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 100.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Shop at PDS Coins!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05