Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

PMD or NOT?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Australia
323 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:12 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add larena to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

What do you make of this....as you can see, where it is incused there is no sign of other markings having been pressed in and both sides line up exactly

Given the overall design of the coin, it makes me wonder

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:15 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
definitely PMD

thin pliers or something similar
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5014 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:19 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
definitely PMD

thin pliers or something similar

side cutters
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:23 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wire cutters was what I was thinking but the word slipped my mind
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5014 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:26 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but the word slipped my mind

that seems to happen to me quite often these days
Valued Member
Australia
323 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add larena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So , if that's the case, what has happened to the rest of the printing etc.Been practicing with my microscope so here's some close-ups

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:32 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what do you mean by the rest of the printing sorry, all seems ot be normal to me
Valued Member
Australia
323 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add larena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
where the design is missing (incused) shouldn't I be able to see the remains of the letters etc?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely PMD - pliers, snips, wire cutters - take your pick.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:37 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No way you could see the lettering in the damage if it has been clinched with wire cutters or similar that hard.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:38 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
get some wire cutters or thin pliers and give it a go yourself
Valued Member
Australia
323 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add larena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HEY! I believe you! I believe you!

Too busy working this camera out to go do that tonight
Edited by larena
03/06/2012 06:43 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:45 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A guide to

step 1: get some pliers for $10 & $10 of $2 coins.

step 2: get busy making the coins cry (erkle amd trout are torture masters)

step 3: bang em on the bay as "rariest mint error" for $5000 a pop

step 4: sit back and as some moron actually places a bid
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5014 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:51 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a brand new one from trout's PMD workshop

and the required equipment

Valued Member
Australia
323 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add larena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trout you need to practice more....mine are much neater and defined ...........
Valued Member
Australia
149 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:59 am  Show Profile Check bellyflorin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bellyflorin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i reckon a bored electrical apprentice , using his bosses side cutters ,he needs a kick up the posterior .
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05