Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two new beauties

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
458 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  3:52 pm Show Profile Check brg5658's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

1954 Belgium 50 Francs:

1946 Luxembourg 20 Francs:

Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FélixStP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coins! I like the design
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! The 50 Francs obverse look like the Mercury dime.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wvparadox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm partial to the Luxembourg 20 F coin,
my wife spent part of her childhood there and I've been there myself
Valued Member
Belgium
408 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These coins are great indeed!
The Belgian coin is really sharp: I never noticed earlier Mercurius had a small beard. That's the part which was first worn away.

The coin of Luxemburg is part of a series (20,50 and 100 francs). Instead of grand duchess Charlotte, crown prince Jean is depicted. He was grand duke from 1964 until 2000 and abdicated in favour of his son Henri.
The series commemorates count John the Blind of Luxemburg, who was also king of Bohemia and lord of Moravia. He remnants were re-buried ath the Cathedral of Luxembourg in 1946.
Valued Member
United States
458 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  11:01 am  Show Profile Check brg5658's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bart, thanks for the added information!

I have the full set of 20F, 50F, and 100F Luxembourg coins in my horse-themed collection. They are some of my favorites. The one I posted was my last acquisition of the series, graded MS66 by NGC. By today's standards, they were minted in small numbers. Each was released in 100,000 pieces. The 100F comes in two varieties -- 98,000 were minted with the designers name on the reverse and 2,000 were minted without the designers name. My example 100F (shown below) is the lower-mintage version, and graded MS66 by PCGS.

Here is my 100F version (similar design):

Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone! These are a couple of my favorites!

-Brandon
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  11:54 am  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins, thanks for displaying them!
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crownman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins and superb pictures!
Valued Member
Australia
262 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  01:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicwinner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks awesome!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1984 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  01:51 am  Show Profile Check Bacchus2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree - excellent all round
Valued Member
Australia
262 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  03:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicwinner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi brg, wht camera r you using with?
Edited by nicwinner
03/14/2012 03:17 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05