Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1930 Penny on eBay

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  06:40 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  06:42 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the tiger a painted dingo I wonder

Altered species tasmanian tiger crapping on an altered date 1930
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5063 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  06:49 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enwarb I am just using my experience with getting emails from japan and china when I buy samurai swords.
They always have the same sort of wording in the answer.
As for unwelcome profanity there is no place for that on this site and I totally agree with you on that.
Although I do use profane words at work with my colleagues, I never use them around wimmin or kids.
This is a family site and should be respected as such
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
Australia
494 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  07:16 am  Show Profile Check wwwww's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wwwww to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Whilst it is easy to make that conclusion trout I am appalled by some of the crap young people write. Whilst I'm far from an expert writer some have no grasp of the English language what so ever. It could just be a young seller who is either dumb, ignorant and/or a plain and simple "insert profanity of your choosing".

I agree with trout here, his favour of infinitives and lack of particles indicates that he has learned English but has had very little practice with it. With an exception of his attempt to form 'weighed', there is very little evidence of practical experience with the English language.

If he was just a dumb or ignorant English speaker, he would be using conjugated verbs.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  07:24 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely the most likely scenario but was thinking it may just be a kid. Maybe they fit into both categories.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5063 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  07:28 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Definitely the most likely scenario but was thinking it may just be a kid. Maybe they fit into both categories

I disagree.
Kids can be devious, this seller is purely deceptive and dishonest and dastardly and a dead set crook
Valued Member
Australia
312 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ADMISLSE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay should ban those guys forever!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
643 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seller is a creep

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBay...negative_365

He tried to sell a fake 1925 Penny using a genuine photo. Luckily the buyer caught him out and got a refund through paypal.
I also agree that this seller doesn't use English as his first language. I suspect that he is located overseas.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9664 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is....look at the size of that 1930 Buyer beware!
Valued Member
Australia
494 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:11 pm  Show Profile Check wwwww's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wwwww to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This seller is a creep

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBay...negative_365

He tried to sell a fake 1925 Penny using a genuine photo. Luckily the buyer caught him out and got a refund through paypal.
I also agree that this seller doesn't use English as his first language. I suspect that he is located overseas.

I saw that listing, he had the image of a fake up first then changed it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:22 pm  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More people need to report it so it gets pulled
Valued Member
Australia
150 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:39 pm  Show Profile Check bellyflorin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bellyflorin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you would think eBay would have given the seller the boot after the 1925 fiasco.Yep it's time to give seller a
Valued Member
Australia
472 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what has happened to eBay's new policy of not allowing fakes to be sold? I'm still seeing tons of dodgy coins on offer.
I agree with Trout about the sellers poor understanding of English (and that the seller is probably east asian).
Another suspicious 1925 on eBay (with the seller in China)> Item number 251010831277. Amazing that after 5 bids that it has only reached under $11 (and those bids are anon- a sign of shill bidding). As it appears to be the MQN variety it should have bids over $100 very quickly.
Valued Member
Australia
146 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  01:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add huckles888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
reported to eBay - so who else has done so?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5063 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  01:19 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did that yesterday
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05