Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gun/Coin/Antique show this weekend

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2239 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  11:59 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

WOOT! WOOT!

I will not be able to attend the coin auction on 3/24/12, but will be able to travel to a gun/coin/antique show on Saturday.

Have to go to the bank....cash talks!, print some price guides, and remember my loupe. :)

Pillar of the Community
United States
745 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  2:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny4Me to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is show in Nebraska
Pillar of the Community
United States
2239 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  3:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost. Colby, Kansas. Google will be your new friend.
Pillar of the Community
United States
745 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny4Me to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
too far...about 900 miles!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13153 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  3:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nebraska? Kansas? I've heard of those places. Aren't they somewhere in the USA? Suburbs of Chicago, maybe?
We too have coin shows this weekend. Also, last weekend, the following weekend and on and on and on. What we need is more gun shows.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
22117 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Be sure to let us know what you bought.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2495 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acloco, good luck hunting!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2239 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JustCarl - after viewing you Lincoln cent set...did the adoption papers arrive yet? :)

This is a gun, coin, & antique show. I bet, actually, I will WAGER, that there is somebody there selling jerky.

I spoke to the promoter. There is 24 tables for just coins. I imagine 10-15% of the gun dealers will have coins there as well.

Will report back late Saturday or Sunday evening. HOPEFULLY...with pictures of something purchased.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2239 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alrighty....loop packed, price guides copied/pasted to an excel spreadsheet (printed in landscape format - more info, less area), just need to pick up my travelling buddy, grab some coffee, a touch of breakfast, and squeeze in a little sleep in the next 8 hours.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1346 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  01:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Drsandman2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Complementary goods: guns and coins. Buy a gun and leave with all the coins. Have fun!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2239 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Drsandman2 - haha....doubt you would make it to the door.

Good trip. Picked up a few Lincoln Wheats and two SLQ's (1917 Type I and 1917 D Type I - both full head and high grade). Will post pictures late tonight or tomorrow evening.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2239 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1917 SLQ pictures/grading threads here:

1917 type 1
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=113511

1917 D type 1
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=113512
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  8:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful pickups, man!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2239 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The other coins I bought are:

1908 IHC - BN - AU? 4 diamonds - $5
1918 Lincoln - BN - AU53/55 BN - $5
1919 S Lincoln - BN - AU55/58 - $5
1928 Lincoln - RB - MS64/65 - $28
1947 D Lincoln - Red - MS65 - $3

Good show. Probably four full time dealers (about 20 tables) and another 4 tables of coins at various other dealers.

First dealer that I stumbled upon was the best of the bunch. Quality, quality, quality...no junk...and...NO slabbed coins of any kind. Visited with him on two seperate trips to his table. Pawed the pair of 1917 SLQ's on the first pass through the show. Looked at them again prior to lunch, then purchased after lunch. The 1917 Philly will probably grade 63 FH with no problem. Shot at 64 FH. The 1917 Denver should grade 64 FH with a shot at 65 FH. Hopefully get a grade consensus in the classic coins grading forum posts.
Learn More...
United States
22117 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice purchases.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1405 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  01:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jfransch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What guns did you buy?
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05