Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

We're cleaning!

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8747 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question: What is the maximum you would pay for a common late Roman bronze coin where the mint can be identified, but is in otherwise in poor condition?

To me, such a coin would be the minimum standard that I would include in my collection.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
After you clean them and there is nothing really visible to see, where do you put them? Trash?

Put them in a mudpack, dry, knock off the worst of the dirt and sell as uncleaned on eBay.
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cajunlady0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shame on you biggfredd.

Hey wait a minute................. hope I did not buy any from you on eBay grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Cajunlady0
03/13/2012 9:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cajun => wow, when did you start collecting Ancients?

... man, you never cease to amaze me ...

Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cajunlady0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had bought 2 cleaned ones and then just last week got some uncleaned ones. Gonna try my hand at it.

Am glad I amaze you, Steve. because you have the prettiest blue eyes. Your ears are a little pointed, but I think I can live with that.

I know you have some nice ancients, but someone else did the cleaning. I will not call you a coward. I will let others call you that. :)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  02:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ahaha => nice ... yah, I guess ya caught me?

It's just that the rest of the gang from the other side of the forum have beaten it into me over and over and over again ...

=> NEVER CLEAN YOUR COINS!

... but who knows, maybe one day I'll try hunting for treasure? (it must be a bit like finding a nice agate within a bunch of junky rocks?) ...

=> I wish you good luck hunting, lady0

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05