Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

west point dime

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
bugmanmiller
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  5:34 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bugmanmiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
just want to see who has and heard of it and people who have it.
thanks
also tell me if you have seen 1996 w errors.

Poll Choices
heard of 1996 w dime
have one
don't have one
what it a 1996 w dime...never heard of it

Anonymous Vote
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
21091 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have heard of it, I do not have it, and I would like to have it.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
542 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard of it and wanted one for a while. I just bought one today (good timing with the poll, by the way) and it should be here sometime next week.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wvparadox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought the mint set years ago to get the dime,
intending to put it in my 7070 album,
haven't had the guts to take the scissors to the packaging yet
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1324 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ErrorCoins222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seen them all over eBay. I've also seen two errors. Both were struck through large areas of the coin.
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Funny Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a must have...key date.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3939 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one in my 7070 set .. one in my Roosevelt dansco ..
maybe one or two more .. in 96 sets ..
when I see the sets .. and can get them in the $10.00 range
I buy them.. to get the 96 W dime
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RMAN4443 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one,it came in the 1996 mint set
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1633 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i as well bought a few 1996 mint sets just for that dime wish I would have bought more - I guess that can be said with any coin purchase from the past
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BoomerSoonerOKU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's not to like? A modern coin that can be had fairly cheap that has a "relatively" low mintage. Also, the novelty factor with both West Point & FDR's anniversary. It could very well be one of those coins that 50 or 60 years from now people will say "Why didn't I get a few of those back then?". Either that or you'll have something worth 10 cents. :P
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually went on a buying spree of these little things about 5 or 6 years ago and I have probably 30 or 40 of them, most of them I purchased with all the other coins in the mint set but I did get a few of them individually
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1439 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  8:35 pm  Show Profile Check COINAHOLIC's eBay Listings Check COINAHOLIC's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one, got it in the Mint Set, cut it out, placed it in an air-tite capsule and into the album. I see it every month or so, when I have the album down.

**** 183 Countries and Counting! ****

Coins For Trade

COINAHOLICS 12 STEP STORE World coins and who knows...just a spot for my fellow addicts
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1020 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add docsfishn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got one too. I just had to pull out the set to make sure it's still in there. I'm sure I'll pick up another if the price is right.
United States
6265 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the idea of putting it in my type set. I might just do that.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ridge_Runner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got mine in a mint set a few weeks back. It's going in my 7070 when the new one comes out.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5929 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  10:04 pm  Show Profile Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one representing the clad Roosevelt in my 7070;

PCGS MS-68

dang...I have not loaded it in photobucket yet!
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"

"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145

"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05