Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

west point dime

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3211 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have one representing the clad Roosevelt in my 7070;

This! Same here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is my plan as well once I get a 7070 or equivalent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
677 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it that they made a special dime from West Point in 1996. They should do it again. How about a special set of all denominations from West Point (with mint marks)? That would be neat.

I have one of these but there is no slot in my Dansco 7125 for this coin. So it is still in a 2x2. Does the 8125 have a slot for 1996-W?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 8125 does have a '96-W slot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
677 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is interesting. I guess if they are going to include the proof only in the album they would include the mint set only issues as well. I never bought the albums with the proofs included. Maybe I will have to start.
Learn More...
United States
21886 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 7125 and added a blank page for proofs. If I were to acquire the 1996-W, I would have no immediate place for it, unless I decided to upgrade the dime in my 7070. Now I am thinking.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got mine from when I purchased the mint set.
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got mine when the 1996 mint sets were initially released, and it's been in my 8125 for a number of years now. I don't remember what I kept it in between the time I bought it and the time I got the 8125, which was at least a year or two - guess I left it in the OGP.
Learn More...
United States
21886 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got mine from when I purchased the mint set.
Very nice!

I do not buy the mint sets, so I missed out on it. It was actually a few years before I realized it existed.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see some people selling 1996 W dimes for about $13, but you can get the entire 1996 P&D Mint set for $16 with free shipping, on eBay. It is cheaper to just buy both sets and sell/cash the rest. Kind of strange why that dime is selling for so much on its own.
Pillar of the Community
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had never heard of the dime until someone was talking about finding one in change. So after reading all of this and the poll I decided to go out and buy myself a 1996 set so I could have one too :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one for my 7070 set. I want each mint represented in my album and the 1996 dime is my only option for W.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are W mintmarked ASEs, and the 7070 has a slot for that.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add War Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got one for about $18 by buying the 1996 mint set...
Pillar of the Community
United States
938 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotty11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
unless I decided to upgrade the dime in my 7070.

I bought the set a couple years ago for my niece. It's her birth-year.

Now, after reading this thread, I feel that I need another one for my 7070! A fantastic idea for the clad roosie hole.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05