Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

west point dime  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have one representing the clad Roosevelt in my 7070;

This! Same here.
Oldest finds:
Cent: 1907 Indian
Nickel: 1916 Buffalo
Dime: 1926 Mercury
Quarter: 1941 Washington
Half: 1946 Walking Liberty
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is my plan as well once I get a 7070 or equivalent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it that they made a special dime from West Point in 1996. They should do it again. How about a special set of all denominations from West Point (with mint marks)? That would be neat.

I have one of these but there is no slot in my Dansco 7125 for this coin. So it is still in a 2x2. Does the 8125 have a slot for 1996-W?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 8125 does have a '96-W slot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  02:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is interesting. I guess if they are going to include the proof only in the album they would include the mint set only issues as well. I never bought the albums with the proofs included. Maybe I will have to start.
Learn More...
United States
24985 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 7125 and added a blank page for proofs. If I were to acquire the 1996-W, I would have no immediate place for it, unless I decided to upgrade the dime in my 7070. Now I am thinking.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got mine from when I purchased the mint set.
Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got mine when the 1996 mint sets were initially released, and it's been in my 8125 for a number of years now. I don't remember what I kept it in between the time I bought it and the time I got the 8125, which was at least a year or two - guess I left it in the OGP.
Learn More...
United States
24985 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got mine from when I purchased the mint set.
Very nice!

I do not buy the mint sets, so I missed out on it. It was actually a few years before I realized it existed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see some people selling 1996 W dimes for about $13, but you can get the entire 1996 P&D Mint set for $16 with free shipping, on eBay. It is cheaper to just buy both sets and sell/cash the rest. Kind of strange why that dime is selling for so much on its own.
Pillar of the Community
United States
680 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had never heard of the dime until someone was talking about finding one in change. So after reading all of this and the poll I decided to go out and buy myself a 1996 set so I could have one too :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one for my 7070 set. I want each mint represented in my album and the 1996 dime is my only option for W.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are W mintmarked ASEs, and the 7070 has a slot for that.
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add War Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got one for about $18 by buying the 1996 mint set...
Pillar of the Community
United States
940 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotty11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
unless I decided to upgrade the dime in my 7070.

I bought the set a couple years ago for my niece. It's her birth-year.

Now, after reading this thread, I feel that I need another one for my 7070! A fantastic idea for the clad roosie hole.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2015 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2015 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05