Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

RRRRRR 1929 high 9 Canadian 1 cent .. hurry..

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previously Ousted

Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:18 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

here is a relatively rare 1929 high 9 to be had for a very good price.
BUT, the auction ends soon..
and NO, it is not my auction!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35044000658....m1438.l2648

Valued Member
Canada
235 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add folcan99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where does it say high 9? Looks like an ordinary coin to me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
902 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littlemoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are not rare. A little scarce perhaps, but not rare.
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok littlemoney,
find one...these are only a minimum of 10-40 times more costly. Key is to recognize them.
all this seller would have to do is indicate it is a high 9 , which it definitely is, and the coin would sell for around $25+
just find one...
good luck!

Falcon,
not the right question to ask..
right question would have been:
how do I recognize a high 9.....

But guys,
just thought somebody would want one...
so sorry I bothered you..
will not happen again..
cg
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6025 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  3:39 pm  Show Profile Check SHAFTA9a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A little scarce perhaps, but not rare.

True North
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3871 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  4:10 pm  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The population of these coins appears to have a log normal distribution, which means they are a grade rarity. They can be found in junk bins and 'flea-market' coin dealer's inventories fairly easily in grades VG to F. EF to AU are very hard to find and they are almost none-existent in mint state condition. I know of maybe 8 in grades MS-60 to MS-64 red.... I have been hunting this coin for 6 years, and so far, the best example I have is MS-60 brown.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Valued Member
Canada
321 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timnic44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coingirl for showing something that is suppose to be easy to find according to SPP-Ottawa. I have not found one or even seen one of these. If I had been online earlier I may have been bidding on this.
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the coin did not sell,although missing in most collections even in lower grade.
WHY? because mane collectors are not aware of it...and were not until it showed in the Charlton.
there are a few others which are well... rare... so far.
but: Menotelltheseyetasmeneedstofindafew.. got the drift?
maybe the seller will sell it to you...
cg
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4887 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  12:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin sold at 12:35,not long after you posted here,too much of a cooincidence,odds are someone saw it here and bought it.
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  02:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM, sorry, you are right..
I just had a fast look and only saw that the listing had ended...
next time I shall be more careful.
But, I agree with you...someone from here bought it...
too much of a coincident..
perhaps the buyer would want to acknowledge?
I posted it because it is much below the grades I am after.
cg
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4887 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coingirl,there are more lurkers than active members on this site,perhaps one of them bought it and is unable to acknowledge your tip
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05