Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Denarius of Geta

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  12:25 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add johnee82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I just wanted to show you guys my latest piece

sorry that it has sort of a gold (I wish) tint to it
..just recently started trying to take pics of my coins
I'll get better with practice

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  12:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johnee82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here's the reverse

Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  12:44 am  Show Profile Check Biancasdad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Biancasdad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Gorgeous coin. The portrait is really fantastic!

-Kurt
Edited by Biancasdad
03/11/2012 12:45 am
Learn More...
United States
13429 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  12:55 am  Show Profile Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community,

This is a very nice coin of Geta. I believe it's RIC #88 struck between 210-212.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8720 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
johnee82: Welcome to the CCF!
That is a very nice Geta you have there.
How long have you collected ancients, and how did you start?
Formerly jwharper
Learn More...
4253 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  07:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lifelike portrait. I'm not only impressed. I'm envious.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3306 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's pretty!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9594 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great portrait and great coin!
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johnee82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks everyone for the nice comments!
and yes, that's RIC #88

I originally started collecting coins back in the late 80's when I used to work in an armored car company's vault.
Originally, my job was to weigh the coin bags and also to roll the coins; used to find all kinds of neat pieces from all over the world (and a few nice errors too)
..then I started going to coin shops and shows; collected U.S.coinage mainly, but honestly, I got rather bored with those..they basically seemed all the same to me

and then I found my first Roman, an Ae3 of Constantine I
and I was hooked...the thing I liked the most about them, besides being able to hold a piece of history in my hands,is that every piece is unique

Unfortunately, I had to sell off most of my pieces in the mid 90's, but now I'm back into it trying to rebuild my collection again

just bought a nice As of CLAUDIUS today that was struck between 50-54 AD..when it comes, I'll take a pic and post it...the only pic I have of it at the moment is the online "catalog" pic;not sure if I can post that or not because of copyright issues

Formerly jwharper
Learn More...
4253 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We all have similar stories about how we got started collecting Ancients. Too bad you had to dispose of your original collection. But, hey, look at the bright side. Now you can start all over again. Glad to have you here in the CCF family.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2585 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  8:01 pm  Show Profile Check TJsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community!

Great Geta! I see more of earlier year coins rather than his later year coins. IMHO his dastardly maybe had something to do with this.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05