Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You know you're addicted to CRH when......

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
1945 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You turn down overtime at work to roll hunt or dirtfish instead...now that's just plain nuts.
Oldest dug 2014: 1851 LC
2014 silvs from circ: 38 (I quit 6/14)
Oldest finds circulated:
1894 Barber half
1900 Victoria dime
Oldest dug: 1758 Reale
Minelab Explorer 2
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dirtfish......love that term! Gonna do me some dirtfishin tomorrow actually......march break, no kids at school...time to hit the playing fields!
Edited by secoinedchance
03/11/2012 9:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8726 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are forced to work extra overtime, just to pay your numismatic bills, or to upgrade your detector. 'That's just plain nuts......'.

How about Scrooge Mc Duck? He used to love swimming in his Money Bin!
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add secoinedchance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
C'mon guys....don't let this one die....bump
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You open a roll of cents, find nothing but 2011-D's, and swear never to enter that bank again.
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jizer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you have every dump bank and pick up bank mapped out, and your form a route to hit the most banks using the least amount of gas and maximize time.

or...

You think you might buy an armoured car to help transport all your coins (and it makes for a good anti zombie vehicle )
Learn More...
United States
21371 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know you are addicted to CRH when you begin and stay in a relationship with a teller for the inside information.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1945 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL jbuck! I know exactly what you mean...don't go as far as I did, and marry that teller...wait...she brings the good stuff home...I don't regret a thing!
Oldest dug 2014: 1851 LC
2014 silvs from circ: 38 (I quit 6/14)
Oldest finds circulated:
1894 Barber half
1900 Victoria dime
Oldest dug: 1758 Reale
Minelab Explorer 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  1:18 pm  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I bet you 2 guys collect some pretty good silver that way. My wife is a nurse so I collect a different set of benefits, lol.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Learn More...
United States
21371 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean...don't go as far as I did, and marry that teller..
No, eventually the law of diminishing returns kicked in and I had to cut her loose.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1635 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you can actually make your own little square space by building it with many amounts of empty boxes - lighter than bricks thats for sure
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:31 pm  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...when you take coins to work to sort whilst talking to clients on the phone.
only lasted two days before my manager caught me. I thought I was being productive.. apparently not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3206 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...You walk in someones house and immediately notice the jar of change.

lol, seriously always happens and I want to search their jars so bad!
Oldest Coins Found in Circulation:
Cent: 1907 Indian (roll)
Nickel: 1916 Buffalo (roll)
Dime: 1926 Mercury (roll)
Quarter: 1941 Washington (bank tray)
Half: 1946 Walking Liberty (bank tray)
Dollar: 1971 Ike (bank tray)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3206 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and for you students out there...

You are late to class because you just had to finish searching that box.
Oldest Coins Found in Circulation:
Cent: 1907 Indian (roll)
Nickel: 1916 Buffalo (roll)
Dime: 1926 Mercury (roll)
Quarter: 1941 Washington (bank tray)
Half: 1946 Walking Liberty (bank tray)
Dollar: 1971 Ike (bank tray)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1581 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unholyroller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know you are addicted to roll hunting when you have enough empty cent boxes to make a chair to sit in....side arms and all! Just throw a nice blanket over it and you have a free chair to further roll hunt in!

Maybe a few more years and I can make a sofa!
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05