Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1838 Half Dime

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
558 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  8:28 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BrickellCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Grades? Hoping this is the small star variety.

Learn More...
United States
14408 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  8:42 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50-53
johnny54321 - John Brawner, my eternal friend. You will be missed by your CCF Family.

CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396 - Early big copper enthusiast.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Amputating to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a Seated dime expert, but
obv looks xf-45 to au-50 to me, wear on fingers and hair
rev looks au55 or 58

so a total grade of au-53 : )

definitely a nice coin.. is it just me or is the I and B in liberty extremely close together? normally they are close, but not touching, maybe this is a variety for this year
Edited by Amputating
03/12/2012 12:24 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5250 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:21 pm  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worse than AU53 probably at least an AU58
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9032 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU 58 seems too close to a MS 60 coin with no wear.
Therefore, AU 53.
Rest of the coin, no significant problems. Nice coin, better than mine.
Learn More...
United States
17291 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  9:42 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it for Small Stars and AU50-53. You, sir, are a winnar.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, coinguybrian, numismo, Johnny54321 - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2704 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  10:27 pm  Show Profile Check TJsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU. Nice coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5360 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will go with AU-53.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4351 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hair looks retooled?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
659 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks around AU-50 or so to me.
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
hair looks retooled?

Don't believe so, they often come like this. This is a strong strike though, so I'd say lower AU for wear, but probably net to an upper AU.
Pillar of the Community
United States
558 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2012  10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrickellCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had hoped this would come back as small stars.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Shop for APMEX Bullion on eBay!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05