Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Consecutive notes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  08:48 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wolf-n-wa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Any reason to keep notes that are in consecutive order? Serial number wise. WOLF

Valued Member
Canada
287 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Baanos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really. Maybe for your own pleasure. A lot of sellers sell consecutive notes because that is how they got them at the bank anyway. I do not believe there is another reason.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11235 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless there is a fancy SN or a low # they are not keepable,IMHO.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WVUcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is true that consecutive notes don't usually carry a premium unless they are older series but that being said there are a lot of collectors who collect runs. Usually I see people who collect runs of 3 to 5 consecutive notes. Again they don't always carry a premium but later on when you try to sell them you will always seem to get a little more for them if you sell them as consecutive notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it collects much, if any, of a premium, but some people like to have several notes, and having them as consecutive serial #s, is a nice bonus. I like to collect them that way.

It might help to make it easier to sell them in the future, but if it is for common FRNs, then only CU notes would really apply and not circulated ones.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had more consecutive numbered notes than I could ever need. The newer ones of course can be gotten at the bank, I have a few stacks of $ 1's, $ 2's that I give out to beginning note collectors. As to value of the older ones I have I could not do anything with them so just traded them one at a time.

I had a lot of older 1934 series consecutive numbered notes that no one seemed to want so just done away with them one at a time, still have a bunch of new 1934 series $ 100.00 consecutive notes that I trade off as singles, not here of course as I'm not yet allowed to.

I always let the collector I'm trading with know that I have them in consecutive order but only once did a collector take two of them. Have included a photo of 5 of the $ 100.00, just for those that have never seen consecutive $ 100.00's

Regards
Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  09:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wolf-n-wa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys! Guess I'll spend them then. WOLF
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05