Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Paper Money and Banknotes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Silver Certificate in Change

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
ancientcoinguy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  2:38 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I occasionally see people finding $1 certs in change, but a $5? It's pretty beat up, but still a great find! Date is 1953.

Check out my collection online at http://www.romanvmimperivm.com!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
868 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:02 pm  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that is a rarity. I just got a 53 series star note silver cert in change the other day. It was a rag though.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:16 pm  Show Profile Check brenpickle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add brenpickle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find, and I think the serial # is cool.
Oldest Roll Finds:
Cents 1902
Nickle 1917
Dime 1941
Quarter 1964
Half 1960
Pillar Of The Community
United States
10541 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, congrats.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar Of The Community
United States
650 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recently I had to let go of a number of circulated star notes, and several web press notes. Sad but too circulated. It was my catch and release.
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RealMetal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year or so my wife got as a tip (she is a waitress) a 1935 C $1 silver certificate that looks like its only circulated for a couple of months!

Worth anything?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the $5 note.

Quote:

Last year or so my wife got as a tip (she is a waitress) a 1935 C $1 silver certificate that looks like its only circulated for a couple of months!

Worth anything?

Check here:
http://www.uscurrencyauctions.com/$1notes.htm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5076 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  12:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is always exciting to find any silver certificates in circulation.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05