Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 Coin Subscriptions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
566 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:09 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jpaiva83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I found some coin subscriptions on the Mint's website:

The Official Diamond Jubilee Collection (I think Mrpiedfort found this one a week or so ago)
http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/r.m.s...-prod1280001

1/2 Ounce Fine Silver Subscription
http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/r.m.s...-prod1280002

1/10 Ounce Pure Gold Subscription
http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/r.m.s...-prod1280003

No real details on what comes included apart from the first coin in the series.

Edited by jpaiva83
03/12/2012 3:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrpiedfort to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second coin is a maple leaf to be released on May 1st. The design of the third coin will be revealed in September.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrpiedfort to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the quality of the picture.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
820 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed RCM had more and more half ounce silver coin sicne the maple forever, maybe later full ounce silver coins will become a rare thing to collect.
Valued Member
Canada
299 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  06:57 am  Show Profile Check kenney's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The problem is that I already have that coin. I can't seem to get the subscription for the other coins without buy another dragon.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
566 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jpaiva83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ kenney, that's not necessarily true. I already had the first two coins of the silver Chinese zodiac coins. I called the mint and they said that they could add me to the subscription list for the following coins. 6 Months later, the box to hold all 12 coins showed up as well as the dragon coin.

Perhaps they would be willing to do the same for you. Just call them and ask.
Valued Member
Canada
299 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:39 am  Show Profile Check kenney's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK just called the RCM, Got the subscription, they will simply mark the dragon as already shipped. Thanks jpaiva83.
38 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aDk2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The add doesn't say if it will include a case to hold coins... do you think they will provide one?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
566 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jpaiva83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ aDk2, no case is included. I called the mint and asked. That's what the person said, no case/box. Each coin will come with its original packaging as if you were to purchase them separately.

This isn't a "real" subscription. Its just three 1/2 ounce silver coins.
Valued Member
Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hobbes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone else disappointed in yet another Maple Leaf design? I thought the dragon was a reasonably valued coin - a nice numismatic design with a fairly reasonable premium over spot. I was interested in other designs at a similar price point, but the next one is another maple leaf. A dragon and a maple leaf: that's a nice consistent theme. I guess they meant for the subscription to go with the Maple Leaf Forever coin?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
566 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jpaiva83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe this dragon eats maple leafs? That's why you need the two coins. Poor thing will starve if you don't feed it.
Valued Member
Canada
299 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  3:03 pm  Show Profile Check kenney's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jpaiva

dispointed too for the maple leaf. Don't get me wrong, I've got the maple leaf forever, but they shouldn't have mixed to 2 together. make 2 diffents series. I wished they said with dragon or chinesse year thing.

just hope that the next 20 for 20 isn't a maple leaf also.
Valued Member
Canada
178 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2012  5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ztt2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are we going to be able to order these coins without the subscription? I already have the dragon but wouldn't mind getting the others if we can buy them separately.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2012  5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrpiedfort to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ztt2: Like Jpaiva83 mentioned, you can call them and specify which coin you want. Because I already have the 1st coin(dragon), the Rep said that I can get the other 2 coins no problem.
Valued Member
Canada
178 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2012  11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ztt2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mrpiedfort,I must have missed that.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05