Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1919S LWC

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
937 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:09 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add scotty11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:33 pm  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice cent. My guess is MS61-62BN
Pillar of the Community
United States
1490 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JimR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree its a very nice cent. Love the toning and the strong strike. Its hard to tell if that is some rub on the lapel and shoulder. If MS I would say MS63BN. May be AU58 slider
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11377 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  7:52 pm  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slider, could be MS62/63....in hand examine would be needed. Does it have any cartwheel luster? The rims are so nice I lean toward MS. At minimum it's an AU58.

AWESOME FIND!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
4281 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-61
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Pillar of the Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet coin! Did you get it from your dealers stock? eBay?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2129 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  10:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent coin. I am going 64BN on this one. Love the detail in the beard and the absolutely minimum (if any) bag marks. NICE! Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5947 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  04:34 am  Show Profile Check SHAFTA9a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58, nice.
True North
Pillar of the Community
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dbrablec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great looking coin. did you find it of buy it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
937 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotty11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does it have any cartwheel luster?

I don't notice any on the obverse, but I do see a little on the reverse.

Quote:
Did you get it from your dealers stock? eBay?

Quote:
did you find it of buy it?

I did pick this one up from my local dealer for a very low price.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11377 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:47 am  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What? You bought a coin? I thought all these were magic bag finds. LOL
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  2:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pman860507 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scotty has been throwing us off!

I want to say AU-58 on this. Very nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
937 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotty11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What? You bought a coin? I thought all these were magic bag finds. LOL

Thad, those magic bags aren't free. Technically speaking, I bought all of the others too. lol

And yes, this is another that I found in my last bag. I did mention that I got it for a very low price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  09:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pman860507 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can send the magic bags this way.

Scotty,

What do you do with all these finds?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1234 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timsumrall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice slider :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
659 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  11:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking and well struck coin. Love the sharp detail. I wouldn't want to hazard a guess on grading it without having it in hand though.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05