Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A nice day noodling!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
413 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  12:02 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add b_j_w_79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi all. I just thought I'd share some of the finds from my latest day of noodling;

$240 50c
1966 round x 70
1985 x 1
1993 x 2
2000 incused x 1

The bank asked if my partner wanted the round 50c when she mentioned she was getting the coins for me to search through!

Just had a good day!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
977 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  12:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
70! That is awesome!
Congratulations!
Valued Member
Australia
418 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  01:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Squire Wilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A great result b_j_w_79 !. Goes to show that it is sometimes useful to mention your interest in unusual coins when approaching a bank teller.
With that success you ought to buy a lottery ticket !.

Squire
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3718 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  01:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Christmas came early for you hey?

You going to shout the Bank a big box of Chocolates?
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Valued Member
Australia
413 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  01:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add b_j_w_79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am thinking of dropping something off to the bank next time I'm in the area as a thankyou. It's all about building relationships and now they know I collect they might be able to help me out again in the future. I might have to mention that I collect banknotes as well and see what they come up with .

The problem is I might have to sell the coins to help pay for our upcoming wedding. Still a nice bonus!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$35 for $800+ of silver. WOW,,
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3718 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  02:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever it takes, that relationship needs to be nurtured. Got to take care of your sources and treat them nice!
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
872 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  03:01 am  Show Profile Check Jeff's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The bank asked if my partner wanted the round 50c

Sell some on eBay and you have well and truly paid for your noodling stock.
I assume face value only!

Put a pic of your incused and I will do the same for the one I found the same day. Doesn't hurt to make everyone else jealous.

Jeff
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people He gives it to." Joe Moore
Valued Member
Australia
233 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  03:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mrcruise to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great score....beats even a 2000 $1 mule.....
Valued Member
Australia
323 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  03:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add larena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

yep...sometimes its beneficial to let the bank know what you're doing....I wouldn't have got the one I did the other day otherwise..(1937 King George VI Crown)

that's not a bad haul b_j_w_79
Pillar of the Community
Australia
977 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the upcoming wedding too.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An excellent result all round! The incuse would have been the icing on the cake
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice haul!
Valued Member
Australia
258 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  04:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshtammi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! SCORE!!

that is insaneeeee!

definately takes deal of the year!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
872 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  7:42 pm  Show Profile Check Jeff's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely pays to cultivate bank staff. I just had a call that a customer wants to bring in a bag of 1¢ and 2¢ (amount not specified). Would I be interested in buying them?
And, a branch in a nearby town has some too -would you want to buy them as well?

Minimum amount they can return is $25 face value of one denomination. So, selling on saves sitting on them for years and no paperwork.

Win-Win.

Jeff
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people He gives it to." Joe Moore
Pillar of the Community
Australia
872 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  03:15 am  Show Profile Check Jeff's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I got the 1¢ and 2¢ this afternoon. They have been sitting in a box in the garage for years. The customer also brought in 5¢ from the same box and they kept them aside for me. Just over $11 of 2¢, nearly $5 of 1¢ and about $24 of 5¢.
That should keep me busy for a few days.

Batch from other branch to come later.

Jeff
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.99 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05