Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ohh I have no idea. 1929 Wheat Penny Missing Trust

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  02:15 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add balasharky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  02:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add balasharky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this just a flook? I don't know what to look for any ideas?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10845 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  05:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. A close up image of TRUST would help but going by this photo it looks like PMD,post mint damage.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is strange how the letters of TRUST are pushed up against the edge like that, without any scuff marks. A close up would definitely help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4230 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Its simple really...The Wall Street Crash of 1929 completely erased Trust from the American vernacular....JK....PMD of some sort.
"...being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead." - Vonnegut
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:12 am  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever damaged it also damaged the "we" as well. I think it was PMD that happened many many years ago, close to the date of issue I would believe.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Wall Street Crash of 1929 completely erased Trust from the American vernacular.

OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11103 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:56 am  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Your coin has been damaged post-mint, there is damage on other letters of the motto as well.
ANA R-3151318
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add balasharky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cant get a great shot but I hope this will do. I just thought its worth a second look.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1392 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SteveCaruso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aye this is PMD, not an error. The metal was moved from damage, as we can see from the "WE".
-Steve (GSNA R-2306)
The Black Cabinet
A Database of Counterfeit Coins.
Counterfeit identification and attribution services.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, PMD
TreasHunt
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add balasharky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ya'll
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12664 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  10:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
The Wall Street Crash of 1929 completely erased Trust from the American vernacular.

Now that is the best explanation for that type of error.
I wonder how it was done as to not leave any trace of tampering though.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05