Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Incuse Goodness :)

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3686 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Markn, It's nice to see that your (much) better half knows how to look after you.

What a great gift! Well done!
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
869 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  3:28 pm  Show Profile Check Jeff's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably my best noodling find, in terms of condition, for recent times is an aUNC 1966 20ยข. That one was obviously hiding somewhere for many years.

Jeff
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people He gives it to." Joe Moore
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1289 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  5:43 pm  Show Profile Check markn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been looking for an UNC one of these for several years and they are quite scarce. I'm only aware of 10-15 uncirculated examples. The main source was a Melbourne dealer who found some UNC incuse 50c in a roll several years ago. I've also seen two (count them, two) UNC examples sell on eBay in the last 5 years.

I am not sure where mine came from, I'll do some digging and see if I can find out.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  5:52 pm  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was a gift for your birthday markn. It's in a PCGS MS64 holder but is not attributed to the variety. Their mistake but this will be fixed on the next holiday to California.
Pillar of the Community
1119 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erkle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
do you need anyone to carry ya bags tpp? I can nominate 2 members who will work for free if all expenses are paid ;)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1289 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  6:32 pm  Show Profile Check markn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK the coin was purchased from a collector in Melbourne. I've been told by someone who would know that there's at least 100 unc examples.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  6:48 pm  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin will be having a holiday, sadly I will not be joining it.
Valued Member
Australia
417 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Squire Wilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that is a lovely coin markn.
I have also found an incuse(d) 50 cent piece in my change some time ago.
It certainly has good eye appeal.
I shall post this with my next "show and tell" !.

Squire
Valued Member
Australia
106 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damn, what a nice coin...
I am looking for this grade millenium for a 1.5 years.
So far only got couple in XF+, but no luck at all with aUNC or better.
Excellent coin!
Any chance I can get details of that coin dealer in Melbourne?
I can offer really good price for decent coin.
Cheers,
zic
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1289 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:30 pm  Show Profile Check markn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was Peter Strich, as far as I know he sold them all a few years back.
Valued Member
Australia
106 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, markn.
Edited by zic
03/15/2012 11:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  05:02 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to tell markn what I paid for his (coin) present conveniently so he could put it in his catalogue. SO because he knows, does anyone care to take a guess and tell me if I overpaid or not. (take into account it's been graded by PCGS).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5003 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  05:09 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(take into account it's been graded by PCGS

$780
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  05:11 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's do higher and lower just for fun. Lower
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5003 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  05:21 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you scan that coin and show all the warts and all.
From the pic's of this coin Markin supplied I can see obvious circulation marks, rim dings and other marks.
I picked one up recently and was disappointed due to the creative photos.
Is it UNC or is it EF
Aussie grades please
Then I will put my estimate on it
Remember this post?
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=113539
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Edited by trout1105
03/16/2012 05:30 am
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05